News about area fundraisers.
• Rummage for a Cure for Diabetes, benefits Walk for the Cure for Juvenile Diabetes in October, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Philip Neri Church, 2408 S.E. 16th Ave. Call 503-358-3406.
• National Psoriasis Foundation Walk for Awareness, benefits education, advocacy and research, 1k and 5k routes, 10:30 a.m., Wallace Park, Northwest 25th Avenue and Raleigh Street, $10 registration fee includes T-shirt. Call 503-546-8368.
• Lion Heart in Laurelhurst, benefits Children's Heart Foundation Oregon Chapter, includes marimba music, magician, crafts, play area and congenital-heart-defects survivors' parade, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Laurelhurst Park, Southeast 39th Avenue and Ankeny Street, $20 adults, $10 children, free for children 3 years and younger, $50 family, cash and checks only at door, credit card purchases at www.chforegon.org. Call 503-282-9360.
• All-you-can-eat benefit for leukemia patient, all proceeds from donations, auction and raffle to help pay for patient Greg Martin's treatment, 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m., Queen of Hearts Tavern, 5501 S.E. 72nd Ave., $5 donation, $1 raffle tickets. Call 503-784-4257.
• Oregon Humane Society and Mt. Hood Sports Arena Youth Sports Benefit, 10 country bands in two days, pets available to adopt, 3 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., continues noon to 9:45 p.m. July 16 with different bands, Mt. Hood Sports Arena, 13479 S.E. Highway 212, Clackamas. Call 503-774-6404.
• Pyramid Unfiltered Refreshment Tour, benefits Oregon Food Bank, 6 p.m., Binks, 2715 N.E. Alberta St., participants asked to donate any amount of money and canned food. Call 503-226-2377.
• 10th annual Doernbecher Golf Tournament, benefits Kiwanis Doernbecher Children's Cancer Program at OHSU's Doernbecher Children's Hospital, event includes auction, shotgun start, scramble format, individuals can be placed with teams, 10 a.m. July 21, Gresham Golf Course, 2155 N.E. Division St., $125/person includes golf cart and dinner, preregistration suggested. Call 503-761-3558.
• Crave Party, benefits Girls Inc., of Northwest Oregon, offers shopping from 50 local designers and boutiques in one place, Indian head massage, tarot readings, emceed by 105.1 FM host Daria, noon to 9 p.m. July 22, $15. Call 503-226-2377.
• Garden Tea Party, benefits Albertina Kerr Centers, celebrates 25th anniversary of Albertina's Restaurant and Shops, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. July 22, Albertina's Restaurant, 424 N.E. 22nd Ave., $20. Call 503-231-0216.
• Third annual Summer Garden Party, benefits Willamette West Habitat for Humanity, includes talk by Habitat for Humanity International and Fuller Center for Housing founder Millard Fuller, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. July 22, Farmington Gardens, 21815 S.W. Farmington Road, Beaverton, $25 advance, $30 at door. Call 503-844-7606.
• Third annual Bovine and Wine Dinner, benefits Oregon Donor Program, event includes raffle and chipping contest on floating green, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 5, Bethany Vineyard and Winery, 4115 N.E. 259th St., Ridgefield, Wash., $60 includes steak dinner, reservations by July 21. Call toll-free 1-800-452-1369.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
• Volunteers needed to help women inmates make transition back to the community, sponsored by WICS (Women in Community Service) Lifeskills, training is 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 19, Coffee Creek Correctional Facility, 24499 S.W. Grahams Ferry Road, Wilsonville, sign up by Aug. 9 to allow time for background check. Call 503-570-6614.
• Special account for leukemia patient Greg Martin, friends have set up an account in his name, contributions can be made at any U.S. Bank branch. Call 503-784-4257.
• Day spa donates portion of proceeds to Oregon Food Bank, 10 percent of Kanani Pearl's revenues on Mondays in June and July will be donated to food bank, noon to 6 p.m. (Monday hours), 1111 N.W. Marshall St. Call 503-242-5500.
• Clothing drive, new socks and underwear sought for the homeless, Portland Rescue Mission shelter, open 24 hours, 111 W. Burnside St. Call 503-906-7602.
Events are free unless noted.