July 21 - August 6
Your guide to green goings-on in the Portland area.
• Hazardous waste collection event, sponsored by Metro, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., continues 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 22, Bridlemile Elementary School, 4300 S.W. 47th Drive. Call 503-234-3000.
• Ivy removal at Tryon Creek, sponsored by Friends of Tryon Creek State Natural Area, volunteers with gloves and sturdy shoes needed to help remove invasive vines, 9 a.m. to noon, Tryon Creek State Natural Area, 11321 S.W. Terwilliger Blvd. Call 503-636-4398.
• Meet the Trees, sponsored by Hoyt Arboretum, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., repeats Saturdays through Sept. 30, Hoyt Arboretum, Overlook Trail, 4000 S.W. Fairview Blvd. Call 503-823-3602.
• Lair Hill Park work party, sponsored by Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides, volunteers needed to weed manually to reduce chemical pesticide use, 10 a.m. to noon, meet at Southwest Second Avenue and Woods Street. Call 503-232-9072.
• West Willamette ivy removal, sponsored by Three Rivers Land Conservancy, gloves, tools and snacks provided to volunteers, 9 a.m. to noon, advance registration required. Call 503-699-9825 for location and information.
• Noble Woods ivy removal, sponsored by Rock Creek Watershed Partners, 9 a.m. to noon, meet at parking lot, 231st Avenue and Baseline Road, Hillsboro, advance registration required. Call 503-629-6305, ext. 2953.
• Hottest Day of the Year Ride, benefit for Community Cycling Center, 15-mile urban loop, ends with ice cream sundaes and squirt-gun water fight, 10 a.m., meet at Lucky Lab Brew Hall, 1945 N.W. Quimby St., $25. Call 503-459-4508.