On Monday, Clackamas Fire Distirct No. 1 investigators ruled that human error, most likely due to the careless use of candles, was the cause of Friday's duplex fire in Jennings Lodge that caused $80,000 in damage.

The tenants in this case had the power to their unit shut off one day prior and were using several candles to provide light in the home.

At 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 9, Clackamas Fire crews responded to multiple reports of an apartment complex on fire at 4811 S.E. Boardman Ave. The first arriving engine company reported heavy black smoke from the rear of a duplex unit, and crews were able to bring the fire under control in 25 minutes.

No injuries were reported, but four people who were displaced by the fire worked with the Red Cross to secure temporary shelter.

Clackamas Fire would like to remind people to keep candles away from combustible material and out of the reach of children. As a safe alternative to candles, consider using the flameless candles available in stores.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine