3 dogs, cat rescued from garage fire in Oak Grove
Clackamas Fire crews put out a garage fire on Orville Avenue in Oak Grove on Saturday afternoon, saving three dogs and a cat.
No people were inside, but sadly one dog died.
Crews said the fire started in the garage and was creeping into the attic before firefighters got it under control.
Clackamas Fire said the fire was stubborn because there was a lot of stuff in the home, and a down power line cut electricity from the house.
Investigators think the fire started in the garage but they will be looking again on Sunday when the building can be stabilized. The investigator said it's important to hire a professional electrician to do your work.
The Red Cross will help the homeowners find a place to stay.