Heater causes house fire in Eagle Creek
Estacada fire department personnel responded to a house fire in the 28300 block of Paradise Road in Eagle Creek at 5:37 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8.
Upon their arrival, the dwelling smelled strongly of smoke.
Estacada Fire Chief Bob Morrisey said the home had been using an air wall heater that had been manufactured more than 30 years ago.
The inside of the heater and heater parts were covered with dust and spider webs, Morrisey wrote in an email. These items were in contact with the heating element and caused a fire that spread to a small area of the wall adjacent to the heater. Power to the heater was disconnected by the homeowner prior to our arrival.
Morrisey estimated there was about $2,500 worth of damage and $95,000 of property exposure. No one was injured.
Add a comment