Forest Grove Police Log: Dec. 22-28
During the week, Forest Grove police officers were engaged in more than 357 activities, both reported and self-initiated.
Friday, Dec. 22
• A fast-food restaurant reported drug paraphernalia in a garbage can. Officers disposed of the items.
• A woman reported that several items, including bags of cans and bottles, had been taken from her property. Officers located the suspect at a bottle return with bags containing items matching descriptions of the stolen items. The suspect was cited for theft.
• As a man tried to take a picture of a vehicle's license plate so he could report the driver as intoxicated, the driver in the car backed into his vehicle. The man called police. Officers determined that the incident was actually an accident and the driver was not impaired.
Saturday, Dec. 23
• A patrol officer stopped a vehicle for following another vehicle too closely. The driver was subsequently arrested after officers discovered a passenger in the vehicle had a restraining order against him.
• Officers located a man who had an outstanding warrant for his arrest from Washington. The subject had methamphetamine in his possession, as well as multiple drivers' licenses from other states he stated he planned to sell. He was taken to jail.
• FGPD assisted Cornelius police officers in locating a vehicle that fled from the scene of an accident. The driver was arrested for DUII as well as other charges.
Sunday, Dec. 24
• A man called police to report that his adult son was experiencing a mental health crisis and attempted to stab himself. Officers took the man to the hospital on a "peace officer hold," which allows an officer to take an individual into custody for their own safety or the safety of others.
• A man requested a welfare check on his ex-girlfriend, stating she had been kidnapped by her son's friends. Police contacted the woman, who said she was not kidnapped. She said she would tell her ex-boyfriend to stop calling the police.
• A night-shift officer spotted a man with an outstanding arrest warrant walking around Main Street in the middle of the night. Although he initially attempted to evade police, he was arrested on the warrant, as well as for possession of methamphetamine.
Monday, Dec. 25
• Officers located a suspicious vehicle near the high school in the middle of the night occupied by two juveniles, as well as another youth found hiding in the trunk of the car so the other two could be alone. All three were referred to juvenile authorities and released to their parents.
• Police received a report of a man sitting outside a laundromat screaming and making statements about the devil. Officers contacted the man, who said he was waiting for his mother to get off work and promised to keep the noise level down.
Tuesday, Dec. 26
• A woman called police alleging that a man driving the vehicle she was in would not let her out. The couple arrived shortly after at the Forest Grove police station, where the driver explained that he had locked the doors after the woman reportedly attempted to jump from the vehicle. Both parties agreed to go their separate ways.
• A woman reported that her bank account had been hacked and thousands of dollars had been spent at various Walmart locations. Police are investigating.
n Police received a separate fraud call in which a caller had received an email regarding-out-of-state purchases. Officers discovered the email was sent in error because both individuals had similar surnames.
Wednesday, Dec. 27
• A local market reported the theft of a basket full of groceries. A man matching the description of the suspect was located at a business nearby with a basket full of fish. He was arrested.
• A fast food restaurant reported a rear-end crash in the drive thru. Officers found the driver of the at-fault vehicle to be under the influence of alcohol. Officers arrested him.
• A caller reported that a suspicious man knocked on her door, asked where he was and then asked for a cigarette before walking away. Officers located no one suspicious in the area.
Thursday, Dec. 28
• An officer stopped the driver of a vehicle driving suspiciously through a residential area late at night. Officers discovered the driver had stolen the vehicle and was in possession of methamphetamine as well as a cell phone belonging to the registered owner. He was arrested.
• A caller reported an unusual wooden box had appeared on her front porch. Officers examined the box and located several toys and figurines inside. The caller elected to donate the toys.
• Officers intervened in a fight between two individuals at a mental-health facility. One subject was taken to the hospital on a peace officer hold.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It can cost as little as 3 cents a day.)