Forest Grove police log
- Police responded to 19th Avenue and Hawthorne Street after a crash between two Toyota Avalons. One driver was cited for failing to obey a traffic control device.
- A caller reported that her ex-husband had a child with, and was now in a relationship with, his first cousin.
- A neighbor reported a female at a residence banging on the door and yelling for the past 10 minutes. It turned out to be a wife trying to wake up her husband so he would open the door. He had already left to go on a motorcycle ride.
- A concerned parent called to report her daughters boyfriend breaking into the residence and entering her daughters room. Officers learned the daughter is an adult and is letting the boyfriend in.
- Police looked for a missing 74-year-old woman with dementia. The woman was found near the north end of Main Street. She told police she had escaped from her room where men were making her drink water. Officers were able to convince her to go to the hospital.
- A man was arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana.
- Police responded to a domestic disturbance where a husband and wife were arguing about the wifes mental health issues. In all, officers responded to nine separate calls involving a mental health crisis in and around the city today.
- A victim reported their wallet stolen while at church.
- Police subdued a subject wearing a diaper and blanket and carrying a drill.
- A woman called police insisting that family members were coming over and taking her property. She claimed her mother entered her home while she was in the shower and now two tables and a clock were missing. The woman is in the process of installing cameras in an attempt to prove her claims.
- A man called police to report that a married woman came over and had sex with him. The man wanted it documented in case the woman made any claim the activity was not consensual.
- Police were called to help free a cat stuck in the engine compartment of a car.
- A woman reported that her ex-boyfriend stole the car battery from her vehicle. Police learned the couple had been together for 18 years and that the ex-boyfriend had been driving the car with permission just the night before. The matter was referred as a civil issue.
- An off-duty officer noticed a wanted subject near a local convenience store and reported him to on-duty officers. The man was arrested on two warrants and lodged at the Washington County Jail.
- A customer at a local lottery retailer allegedly hit a lottery machine screen and broke it. The customer agreed to pay for the damage.
- A man called police requesting assistance in contacting his son who he had not heard from in six months. Officer went to the sons address but no one would answer the door.
- A caller reported seeing a male who had a badge and what appeared to be a gun holstered near the hospital. Police determined the man was a security guard.
- A resident reported that a man was waiting around near a street corner in the same place for a couple days in a row. Police determined the man was waiting at a bus stop.
- A concerned citizen called to express concern for a dog on the roof of the feed store. They did not know this was a normal occurrence.
- Police received a report of a woman pulling plants out of a planter. Officers contacted the woman who admitted to doing so but then became extremely uncooperative, refused lawful commands and attempted to leave. The woman was arrested for criminal mischief, interfering with a police officer and resisting arrest.
- Police responded to an assisted living center where a dementia patient was hitting staff. The subject was transported to the hospital.
- A caller reported that 20 minutes earlier, they watched a subject attempt to break into their car. The suspect was scared away when a car drove by and he got away. The caller reported they waited before calling because they were not sure whether to call or not at the time. They were advised next time they should definitely call when it is happening.
- A man reported that a female at his residence was touching him sexually and kissing him against his wishes. An officer spoke to the female who denied this. Both were advised to stay away from each other to avoid any misunderstandings.JW_DISQUS_ADD_A_COMMENT