Easter Eggstravaganza: From egg hunts to bunny photos to sunrise services
Gather up the kids with their baskets and rain coats this weekend for Easter fun all around western Washington County.
- His Church Forest Grove Foursquare will host an Easter Egg Hunt for local children and their families from 9 to 11 a.m. Sunday, March 27, at 2070 Beal Road in Forest Grove. There will be more than 10,000 eggs to find. Enjoy a free pancake breakfast to fuel up for the hunts. The feed starts at 9:30 a.m. While youre at it, join in on the raffle and silent auction fundraiser for Anna & Abbys Yard.
- Staff at Banks Sunset Park, 12765 N.W. Main St. in Banks, will host their annual egg hunt at 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, March 26.
- Gaston Rural Fire District volunteers are hosting their annual egg hunt at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 26, at 102 E. Main St. in Gaston.
- The 56th annual Kiwanis Easter Egg Hunt will take place on the Pacific University campus at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 26. There will be about 3,000 candy eggs to find. The hunts will be divided for different age groups 3 and younger, 4 to 6, and 7 to 10. The hunt is sponsored by Pacific University, Circle K Club and Hillsboro Kiwanis Club.
- Forest Grove Indoor Playground is holding an early egg hunt Thursday, March 24, at 2225 15th Ave. The event is free for members, $5 for nonmembers.
- Mt. Olive Lutheran Church, 2327 17th Ave. in Forest Grove, will host a pancake breakfast Sunday, March 27, from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m., and an Easter Egg Hunt at 11:30 a.m. following its two morning services (8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.).
- The First Baptist Church of Forest Grove, 2224 15th Ave., will serve an Easter breakfast from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. before their service at 10:45 a.m. Sunday, March 27.
- St. Bede Episcopal Church will host a Festive Celebration of the Resurrection at 10 a.m. Sunday, March 27.
- Marquis Forest Grove and Vital Life Foundation is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt for children 10 and younger at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 26. Get photos with Bob the Bunny, Mickey and Minnie. There will be more than 15,000 candy prizes to find along with prizes for parents.
- The KUIK annual Great Westside Easter Egg Hunt is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 26, at the Washington County Fair Complex, 873 N.E. 34th Ave. in Hillsboro. There will be lots of candy and tons of great prizes for kids, plus a police car, inflatable bounce houses (weather permitting), games, arts & crafts, face-painting, and pictures with the Easter Bunny. Egg hunt and Easter bunny photos are free. Admission $5 per family. The hunts will be broken down by age: 2 and under hunt at 10 a.m.; 3 and 4 hunt at 11 a.m.; 5 to 7 hunt at noon; 8 to 10 hunt at 1 p.m.; and moms get to hunt at 2 p.m. for jewelry, trips, massages and more.
- The Forest Grove United Church of Christ will be holding an Easter Sunrise Service at 6:30 a.m. with the Forest Grove United Methodist Church at Thatcher Park, 750 N.W. David Hill Road. There will be a small meal after the service. Bring picnic items if youre able. There will be an Easter Day Worship at 10 a.m. at the FGUCC, 2032 College Way. The jubilant service of worship will be filled with music presented by both the Gospel and Sanctuary Choirs and the Brass Ensemble from Pacific University.