Banks police log
- A caller who lives on Northwest Commerce Street called police because they were sent a package with a check in it. They were instructed to cash the check and send part of it back in a money order. Officer told the caller this was a scam.
- Officers received a report of two suspicious men trying multiple cards in an ATM machine in the US Bank parking lot. One man had drugs on him and was arrested for heroin possession. The other was on parole. Both men were from Hood River.
- Officers received a report of possible abuse on Northwest Maplecrest Way. Officers found no evidence of crimes.
- A man was stealing gas using a company card on Northwest Main Street. Officers caught him the following day on a traffic stop. He was arrested for theft and for possession of methamphetamine. He was transported to the Washington County Jail.
- Officers assisted the Department of Human Services with a welfare check and interview of a child at Banks Elementary School. Officers didn't determine any crimes had occurred. The DHS staff continued to work with the family.
- Officers responded to a residence on Northwest Market Street where a large dog killed a small dog while the dogs were playing. The homeowner wanted the dog and people out, but didn't want anything further to be done.
- Officers responded to a domestic response on Northwest Groveshire Avenue. A man sustained minor injuries.