Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites


Man escapes house fire

Candle causes $10,000 in damage to home


A smoke alarm woke a man in Boring in time for him to escape from his burning mobile home.

At about 5:30 a.m. Monday, Dec. 31, Boring Fire crews responded to a report of a residential fire in the 32000 block of Compton Road. They arrived to find heavy smoke pouring from the eaves, with flames coming from the bathroom, of a mobile home.

Firefighters from Boring and Sandy extinguished it.

The homeowner told firefighters his smoke alarms woke him up and he was able to get out of the house. He was treated at a local hospital for cuts on his hands and feet.

The man’s two dogs and one cat also escaped. He and relatives are still looking for one of the dogs and the cat.

An unattended candle sparked the fire. Damage is estimated at $10,000.




Local Weather

Fair

59°F

Gresham

Fair

Humidity: 29%

Wind: 6 mph

  • 4 Mar 2015

    Mostly Clear 58°F 34°F

  • 5 Mar 2015

    Partly Cloudy 62°F 38°F