Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites


Heat lamp sparks house fire

A heat lamp too close to combustibles is to blame for a house fire that displaced a family in Boring early Monday, March 25.

The 6:40 a.m. fire in the 22000 block of Southeast Borges Road caused an estimated $125,000 to $150,000 in damage, said Pat Bigelow, Fire Marshal for the Boring Fire District.

A heat lamp used to warm an aquarium was placed too close to a roll of craft paper, causing the paper to catch on fire. Nobody was home at the time and two dogs escaped unharmed.

Crews extinguished the fire with help from Clackamas Fire District 1, Gresham Fire & Emergency Services and the Portland Fire Bureau.




Local Weather

Cloudy

70°F

Gresham

Cloudy

Humidity: 78%

Wind: 6 mph

  • 13 Jul 2014

    Thunderstorms Early 79°F 64°F

  • 14 Jul 2014

    Sunny 92°F 63°F