Edgefield Live Music Series - McMenamins Edgefield, 2126 S.W. Halsey St., Troutdale. All shows are for ages 21 and older and are held in the Winery, unless noted otherwise. For more information, visit mcmenamins.com/edgefield or call 503-669-8610.
• Lynn Conover and John Mitchell, 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 2.
• Jack McMahon, 7 p.m. Thursday, May 3.
• Mark Alan, 7 p.m. Friday, May 4.
• Dan Haley, 7 p.m. Saturday, May 5.
• Jon Koonce, 5 p.m. Sunday, May 6.
• My Fellow Traveller, 7 p.m. Monday, May 7.
• Irish Tuesdays: Johnny Connolly and Cary Novotny, 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 8.
• Pete Krebs, 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 9.
First Thursdays Music - 1 p.m. on first Thursdays, Mt. Hood Community College, 26000 S.E. Stark St. Enjoy live music in Mt. Hood's College Center. Free and open to the public. Parking permits are required on the Gresham campus and may be purchased for $3 per day from ticket kiosks located by the flagpoles and gymnasium.
• May 3: Toshi Onizuka has become known for his improvisational skills and distinctive sound that uniquely combine flat picking with dynamic percussive sounds made on the surface of his guitar. He will be joined by Reinhard Melz on drums and Jarrod Lawson on bass.
• June 7: The Mt. Hood Jazz Band will perform.
Park Place Coffee Live Music Series - 7-9 p.m. Saturdays, Park Place Coffee, 1288 S.E. 182nd Ave. Free, and all ages are welcome. Visit parkplacecoffee.com or call 503-808-1244.
• Rich 'Waggs' Waggoner and Friends, May 5.
• Legally Insane, May 12.
M and M Lounge Music - M and M Restaurant and Lounge, 137 N. Main Ave. All shows are free for ages 21 and older unless noted otherwise. For more information, call 503-665-2626.
• Dover Weinberg Quartet, 8-11 p.m. Monday.
• Terry Robb and friends, 7-9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• New Band Night, 8 p.m. to midnight Wednesday.
• Ron Steen Jazz Jam, 7-10 p.m. Thursday.
• Francine West and the High-Speed Wobblers, Friday, May 4.
• Responsible Party, Saturday, May 5.
Live Music at Celebrities - Celebrities Parkway Grill, 20725 N.E. Sandy Blvd., Fairview. No cover charge. Call 503-666-2027 for information.
• DJ/KJ Brass Knuckles, 9 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays.
• Jimmy Thompson Jam Session, 4 p.m. to midnight Sundays.
• Ocean 503, May 5.
• Cool Breeze, May 12.
• Hot Property, May 19.
• Kirk Green, May 26.
Riverview Restaurant - The Riverview Restaurant, 29311 S.E. Stark St., Troutdale. The restaurant features live music from musicians who play a style of light jazz with subtle modern and classical influences.Call 503-661-3663 or visit yoshidariverview.com.
• Craig Bidondo, Wednesday and Thursday.
• David Lee, Friday.
• Barry Glick and Friends, Saturday.
• Tim Gilson and Craig Bidondo, Sunday.
Arts and Culture
MHCC Visual Arts Student Exhibit - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, May 7-June 7, Mt. Hood Community College, Visual Arts Gallery, 26000 S.E. Stark St. The reception will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, May 10. Contact Lynn Horn at 503-491-7309.
'Experiencing Urban City Life' - 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, through May 30, Mt. Hood Community College, Fireplace Gallery, 26000 S.E. Stark St. The artwork of Amalya Nané Tumanian is on display. Call Pam Kuretich at 503-491-7260.
Out and About
Fairview Open Air Market - 3-8 p.m. Thursdays until Oct. 11, 1601 N.E. Market St., Fairview. Shop for baked goods, jewelry, artwork, crafts, organic treats and other eclectic selections. Visit windancefarmsandart.com/Fairview.php.
Troutdale Open-Air Market - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays, Depot Park Rail Museum, 473 E. Historic Columbia River Highway, Troutdale. Shop for organic produce, fine arts and crafts, food and one-of-a-kind items. Visit winddancefarmsandart.com/troutdale.php.
Troutdale First Fridays - 5-9 p.m. Friday, May 4, Historic Columbia River Highway, Troutdale. Stroll downtown Troutdale and check out art exhibits, live music and other special events at participating businesses.
'The Southern Sky From Namibia' - 7 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Monday, May 7, Mt. Hood Community College, Planetarium Sky Theater, 26000 S.E. Stark St. Planetarium Director Pat Hanrahan visited the southwestern African country of Namibia for a 10-week astronomy program, photographing constellations and single stars. His presentation will showcase the constellations of the Namibian sky. Admission is $2 general admission and free for Mt. Hood students. Parking permits cost $3. Visit mhcc.edu/planetarium or call Hanrahan at 503-491-7297 for information.
Friday Night Wine Tasting - 5-9 p.m. Fridays, Allegri Wine Shop and Art Gallery, 44 N. Main Ave. The tasting fee is $12. Call 503-465-1841 for a schedule.
'Oklahoma!' - 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, May 10-12 and 17-19, Centennial High School, 3505 S.E. 182nd Ave. Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for students and seniors and $5 for Centennial High students and staff. Call 503-762-7511.
'Glow Fly and the Seven Bugs' - 730 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, May 11-27, Boring-Damascus Grange, 27601 N.E. Grange St., Boring. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for kids, free for teachers. Visit nnbtheater.com or call 503-593-1295.
'The Hasty Heart' - 7 p.m. Monday, May 21, Gresham Memorial Chapel, 257 S.E. Roberts Ave. In John Patrick's play, a wounded Scottish soldier with only weeks to live is consigned to a field hospital during World War II, and he learns the great lesson of giving and receiving love. Presented by the Sandy Actors Theatre as part of its Readers Theatre series. Tickets are $8. Call Tim Park at 503-869-6183 or visit sandyactorstheatre.org.