Although normally run on the last Thursday of every month, the Changing Easel appears today instead. Look here for news of artists, art shows, galleries and exhibits in our area, as well as upcoming art festivals, local art classes and any local art-related information.
* The Art Gym - Marylhurst University, BP John Administration Bldg., 17600 Pacific Hwy., Marylhurst. Showing 'Anonymous,' an exhibit curated by Micah Malone of the art of six artists who have agreed to be anonymous identified only as Artist A, B, C, etc. Preview reception on Jan. 8 from 3 to 5 p.m. The exhibit continues through Feb. 15. 503-699-6243.
* Alexander Gallery at Clackamas Community College - Niemeyer Center on campus, 19600 Molalla. The Bill and Dave Show will open Feb. 18. 503-594-3032.
* Clackamas Country Arts Alliance exhibits - 21 Clackamas County artists will display their work at various venues over the year. Sylvia Randall of West Linn is exhibiting her art at Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center from Feb. 9 through May 10.
* Gallery Without Walls - Sculpture art throughout Lake Oswego. www.lofa.org.
* Hoffman Gallery for Contemporary Art at Lewis and Clark College - 0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, Portland. Presents 'The Edge of Vision: Abstraction in Contemporary Photography through March 18. 503-768-7687. www.lcark.edu/hoffman_gallery/exhibitions/schedule/.
* Lake Oswego Reads 'Mink River' art exhibits - opening reception 6 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 2, at Graham's Book and Stationery and Chisman's Picture Frame and Gallery on B Avenue. Meet the author and view art inspired by the book. The exhibits are up through February.
* Looking for Mink River - Moonstruck Chocolate. Inspired by the book 'Mink River,' local photographers Mick Geronimo and Sean Minogue set out to capture the essence of Doyle's Oregon coast. Opening reception Feb. 3, 6 to 8 p.m. Exhibit up through Feb. 29. 503-228-0706.
* Realty Trust - 600 A Ave., Lake Oswego. Showing Lake Area Artists' work through February.
* The Stafford Boutique Retirement Community - 1200 Overlook. Showing the art of Peter O'Brien's Art Group. Feb. 2 through 29. Opening reception Feb. 2 from 4 to 5 p.m. with wine and appetizers and piano music by Mark J.