the changing easel - March 29, 2012
The Changing Easel runs the last Thursday of every month. Look here for news of Lake Oswego and West Linn artists, art shows, galleries and exhibits in our area, as well as upcoming art festivals, local art classes and any local art-related information.
* The Art Gym - Marylhurst University, BP John Administration Bldg., 17600 Pacific Hwy., Marylhurst. Showing 'Joe Macca: Two-Man Show P.O.'d Postcard' show. Opening reception April 15 from 3 to 5 p.m. Show continues through May 18. Gallery talk to be announced. 503-699-6243.
* Alexander Gallery at Clackamas Community College - Niemeyer Center on campus, 19600 Molalla. Call 503-594-3032 for details on current exhibition and gallery hours.
* Clackamas County Arts Alliance exhibits - Twenty one Clackamas County artists will display their work at various venues over the coming year. Sylvia Randall of West Linn is exhibiting her art at Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center through May 10. Kathy Sandell of West Linn is exhibiting at Hoodland Library through May 29. Bill Brant of West Linn is showing at Clackamas Federal Credit Union through June 15. Lake Oswego artist Jean Thomas is tentatively scheduled to display her art at Oregon City City Hall during April.
* The wood carvings of Ed Miller - This West Linn artist's work is on exhibit at Modurne Fine Furnishings, 5210 S.W. Corbett Ave., as well as at Ryan Gallery in Lincoln City and Earthworks Gallery in Yachats. For more information, call Miller at 503-656-6015.
* Gallery Without Walls - Nearly 60 sculptures can be viewed throughout Lake Oswego. Visit lofa.org. New maps are available at the Lake Oswego Review office and other locations. Free apps are also available.
Visit artscouncillo.org/tour from smartphones.
* Hoffman Gallery for Contemporary Art at Lewis and Clark College - 0615 S.W. Palatine Hill Road, Portland. Presents Senior Art Exhibition 2012 April 6 through May 8. Opening reception April 6 from 5 to 7 p.m. 503-768-7687 or visit lclark.edu/hoffman_gallery/exhibitions/schedule/.
* Lake Area Artists Annual Show and Sale - April 27, 28 and 29 at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State St. Opening reception April 27 from 6 to 8 p.m. features jazz music of Hanson Duo and wine and appetizers provided by Artisanal Wine Cellars. Exhibit is open Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Oregon Jewish Museum - 1953 N.W. Kearney St., Portland. Showing 'The Dawn of Tomorrow: Oregon Jews and Women Suffrage' through May 6. This exhibit celebrates the 100th anniversary of Oregon women achieving the right to vote. Also showing 'Transport,' works by Henk Pander and Esther Podemski through May 20. These artists use WWII as a backdrop from which to explore the remembered realities of war. 503-226-3600 ext 101.
* Realty Trust - 600 A Ave., Lake Oswego. The oil paintings of Molly Reeves are on display through April.
* The Stafford Boutique Retirement Community - 1200 Overlook Drive. Showing the art of Lake Oswego High School AP art students April 6 through 30. Artists' reception April 6 from 4 to 5 p.m. with wine and appetizers and music by pianist Michael J. 503-496-3729.
* Watercolor Society of Oregon - 2185 S.W. Park Place, Portland. Reception for juried art show April 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. Gallery open Tuesday through Sunday, 1 to 4 p.m. One block from Washington Park entrance, free parking. 503-228-0706.
* West Linn Public Library - 1595 Burns St. Showing the art of Sine Morris and Addie Boswell April 3 through 28. Morris builds shadow boxes of painted watercolor paper. Boswell is a muralist and illustrator; the basis of her work is telling stories. 503-656-7853.