Featured Stories


Lake Oswego firefighters extinguish apartment fire

Share

Improperly discarded cigarette sparks the blaze


Lake Oswego firefighters extinguished a fire sparked by an improperly disposed cigarette on the deck of an apartment Wednesday evening.by: LAKE OSWEGO FIRE DEPARTMENT - Firefighters battle a fire on the deck of an apartment on Jefferson Parkway in Lake Oswego on Wednesday.

Firefighters had the blaze under control within about 20 minutes of a 5:45 p.m. 9-1-1 call reporting heavy smoke in an apartment at 2 Jefferson Parkway.

The cigarette was discarded in a flowerpot on the back deck, officials said. Damage was estimated at $20,000.

Portland Fire & Rescue and Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue assisted the Lake Oswego Fire Department with the case.




Local Weather

Fair

95°F

Lake Oswego

Fair

Humidity: 22%

Wind: 13 mph

  • 29 Jul 2015

    Clear 95°F 63°F

  • 30 Jul 2015

    Sunny 104°F 64°F