Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites


Lake Oswego firefighters extinguish apartment fire

Improperly discarded cigarette sparks the blaze


Lake Oswego firefighters extinguished a fire sparked by an improperly disposed cigarette on the deck of an apartment Wednesday evening.by: LAKE OSWEGO FIRE DEPARTMENT - Firefighters battle a fire on the deck of an apartment on Jefferson Parkway in Lake Oswego on Wednesday.

Firefighters had the blaze under control within about 20 minutes of a 5:45 p.m. 9-1-1 call reporting heavy smoke in an apartment at 2 Jefferson Parkway.

The cigarette was discarded in a flowerpot on the back deck, officials said. Damage was estimated at $20,000.

Portland Fire & Rescue and Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue assisted the Lake Oswego Fire Department with the case.



Local Weather

Mostly Cloudy

52°F

Lake Oswego

Mostly Cloudy

Humidity: 97%

Wind: 0 mph

  • 24 Oct 2014

    Showers Late 57°F 48°F

  • 25 Oct 2014

    Showers/Wind 64°F 48°F