Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites


Firefighters evacuate one, close road because of gas leak

by: SUBMITTED - Lake Oswego firefighters responded to a gas leak at Goodall and Country Club roads today.The Lake Oswego Fire Department evacuated one person when responding to a natural gas leak at Goodall and Country Club roads, according to initial reports issued today.

The leak stemmed from work being done by an excavator on a new house at one corner of the intersection. Crews reportedly pulled out a small underground gas line while doing site preparation work.

Goodall Road was closed as a result and one next-door homeowner was evacuated as a precaution.

Firefighters remained at the scene scene to assist NW Natural Gas as its crews attempted to stop the leak. The leak was reportedly stopped by 1 p.m. today.by: SUBMITTED - Firefighters remained at the scene scene to assist NW Natural Gas as its crews attempted to stop the leak.



Local Weather

Cloudy

77°F

Lake Oswego

Cloudy

Humidity: 47%

Wind: 8 mph

  • 17 Sep 2014

    Showers 78°F 59°F

  • 18 Sep 2014

    Partly Cloudy 78°F 59°F