Editor's note: Every week a Lake Oswego police officer answers your questions in this space. Please send your questions to reporter Cliff Newell at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 503-636-1281, ext. 105.

"How do I claim property in custody of the Lake Oswego Police Department?"


SVARENReleases are made by appointment only. Contact the Lake Oswego Police Evidence Division at 503-635-0250 Monday through Friday during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You must present photo identification and be able to provide a sufficient description of the property to establish with reasonable certainty that you are the rightful owner.

The evidence officer will ask for the case number in which you originally reported your property stolen.

The police department makes every attempt possible to photograph and return your property to you as soon as possible, but there are times it must be held as evidence for trial. If this is the case, the prosecuting attorney will approve release after the trial process.

— Officer Wendy Svaren

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine