Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites


Foundation needs volunteers

Next week's fundraising event is the last big push toward $2 million goal


PATINKINThe final big fundraising event for the Lake Oswego Schools Foundation’s 2014-15 campaign is slated for next week — and the nonprofit organization needs volunteers to help out.

The Foundation’s third phonathon of the campaign will be held from 5:30-8:30 p.m. on April 21-23. The Foundation currently is seeking 30 volunteers to call potential donors each night. All volunteers will receive passes to the Columbia Sportswear Employee Store; they’ll also get dinner, snacks and beverages each night, along with a chance to win prizes.

With $1.2 million in donations and pledges so far, the Foundation is more than halfway to its 2014-15 campaign goal of $2 million, according to Executive Director Sara Patinkin.

Patinkin also hopes to increase community participation in the campaign. The goal is to receive donations from 55 percent of parents with children in local schools; so far, 32 percent have contributed.

The Foundation’s February phonathon brought in $304,000 and participation hit 28 percent. A November phonathon collected $85,000, Patinkin said. The fundraising campaign will end on June 30.

About 95 percent of donations to the Foundation are allocated to teachers’ salaries; the remaining 5 percent pays for bank fees, marketing and audits. This school year, $1.7 million in campaign dollars are supporting the salaries of 18 teachers, who are distributed among all primary and secondary schools in the district, in electives and in core classes.

To donate or to volunteer for the April phonathon, contact Patinkin at sara.patinkin@loswego.k12.or.us or 503-534-2106. For more information, visit www.losfoundation.org.

JW_DISQUS_ADD_A_COMMENT




Local Weather

Fair

57°F

Lake Oswego

Fair

Humidity: 62%

Wind: 0 mph

  • 20 Apr 2015

    Mostly Clear 79°F 49°F

  • 21 Apr 2015

    Mostly Cloudy 67°F 43°F