Rosemont Fire Station torn down in Stafford
Much of the building was repurposed and recycled
On May 15, the old Rosemont Fire Station located at 1111 S. Station Lane in Stafford was deconstructed because of concerns about safety and neighborhood aesthetics.
The fire station was acquired by Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue through annexation in 2001. The building has been used to store antique or reserve fire apparatus but has not functioned as a staffed fire station for nearly two decades.
The exact date of construction is unknown, but it is estimated the station was built in the 1940s. Originally a grange, the building is not on any historical registries, and there were concerns about its structural integrity. It had not had running water or septic connections for more than 15 years.
TVF&Rs board of directors recently declared the building as surplus.
According to TVF&R Public Affairs Manager Cassandra Ulven, notices were sent to homes within a quarter mile of the station and residents on Station Lane were visited in person and told about the deconstruction. In addition to mailers, TVF&R sent a notice to the Stafford Hamlet group because the property is in unincorporated Clackamas County.
The building was deconstructed by Lanphere Construction & Development, based in Beaverton, which repurposed and recycled a significant portion of the building materials. Some of the wood flooring has also been reclaimed to replace hose beds in antique fire apparatus.
The pole barn adjacent to the old station will remain on site to store equipment and vehicles. While there are no immediate plans, its possible that personnel will be located at the site in the future to ensure fast and reliable emergency medical and fire suppression response.Add a comment