Lake Oswego firefighters extinguish apartment fire
Improperly discarded cigarette sparks the blaze
Lake Oswego firefighters extinguished a fire sparked by an improperly disposed cigarette on the deck of an apartment Wednesday evening.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within about 20 minutes of a 5:45 p.m. 9-1-1 call reporting heavy smoke in an apartment at 2 Jefferson Parkway.
The cigarette was discarded in a flowerpot on the back deck, officials said. Damage was estimated at $20,000.
Portland Fire & Rescue and Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue assisted the Lake Oswego Fire Department with the case.Add a comment