Public safety Newberg police and fire respond to call for apparent overdose of cold meds
A female student at Newberg High School was transported to Providence Newberg Medical Center April 7 for an apparent overdose of cold medicine.
That morning, a school employee notified the Newberg-Dundee Police Department school resource officer that the student was acting odd, according to a release from NDPD.
The officer learned she had ingested a large amount of cold medicine and quickly requested medics. The Newberg Fire Department received the call at 9:09 a.m. and later transported the student to the hospital.
It was believed at the time, according to the release, that the student had purposely ingested the medicine to get high and had a physical reaction.