PSU volleyball clinches Big Sky tourney spot
Portland State 3, SOUTHERN UTAH 1
Santa Clara 3, PORTLAND 0
Simon Fraser 3, CONCORDIA 2
• At Cedar City, Utah, Portland State locked up a spot in the Big Sky Conference tournament and moved within one game of league-leading Sacramento State with a four-set win over Southern Utah.
After dropping the first set 25-22, the Vikings took the next three 25-18, 25-22 and 25-12 to improve to 18-5 and 9-2 in conference.
Caitlin Bettenay had 21 kills, her fourth 20-kill outing of the season. Mikaelyn Sych and katy Wilson had 10 kills apiece and Toni McDougald had 11 kills.
Erin Clark had 56 assists and Tasha Bojanic had 23 digs.
• At the Chiles Center, Portland got off to a disappointing start to the second half of its West Coast Conference schedule, losing to Santa Clara 25-18, 25-23, 25-21. Hannah Troutman had 20 kills for the Pilots (13-9, 4-6).
• At Concordia, Simon Fraser (10-11, 7-6 GNAC) won the first two sets and the decisive fifth set to beat the Cavaliers (9-11, 4-9). Scores were 29-27, 25-11, 22-25, 22-25, 15-11.
OREGON 3, Utah 0
Colorado 1, OREGON STATE 0
San Diego 1, PORTLAND 0
• At Tuominen Field, Concordia improved to 10-0-1 in Great Northwest Athletic Conference play, setting up a showdown on Saturday at No. 2-ranked Western Washington for the regular-season conference title. Both teams have qualified for the GNAC tournament, to be played on Nov. 2 and Nov. 4 at Concordia.
Against Central Washington (1-12-3, 0-9-2), the Cavaliers (13-2-1) scored four second-half goals. Sydney Van Steenberge, Ana Delgadillo, Gabrielle Ewing, Maddie Misi and Quinn Williams (twice) scored for Concordia
• At Eugene, Nicole Seaman scored her first two goals of the season and Miranda Schylz had a goal and an assist for Oregon (8-9-0, 2-7-0 Pac-12). Ducks goalkeeper Halla Hinriksdottir made one save to blank Utah (5-9-3, 0-7-2).
• At Corvallis, Colorado's Marty Puketapu scored her eighth goal of the season in the 52nd minute for the Buffaloes (9-5-4, 3-4-2 Pac-12). Oregon State (4-10-3, 1-7-1) outshot Colorado 13-9.
• At Merlo Field, Summer Mason scored her ninth goal of the season in the 76th minute as San Diego (7-9-0, 5-1-0 WCC) edged the Pilots (5-11-1, 2-5-0).
UCLA 5, Oregon State 0
SEATTLE PACIFIC 3, Concordia 2
• At Los Angeles, the Bruins (7-6-1, 4-2-0 Pac-12) scored three first-half goals in a 5-0 win over the Beavers (5-11-0, 2-6-0). Alex Knox had two goals and one assist for UCLA.