Daily News Where you Live
Wind: 10 mph
29 Jul 2015
30 Jul 2015
Firefighter shocked, hospitalized
A firefighter was hospitalized after being shocked by a 240-volt line in the ceiling of a Southwest Portland home as crews battled a fire that began on a deck and spread to the house Monday afternoon.
The relatively minor fire broke out around 1:30 p.m. at 3226 S.W. Dolph Court and was mostly contained to the outside of the house.
But something fell on top of the firefighter, who was then jolted by an electric current. He was taken to Legacy Emanuel Hospital for treatment and is expected to remain there through Monday night.
The firefighter is in stable condition, said PF&R spokesman Lt. Rich Chatman.