Failed loading XML file.
StartTag: invalid element name
Extra content at the end of the document



UPDATE • Fire started near wood stove chimney pipe

A man in his 50s was seriously injured Saturday in a Southeast Portland house fire.

Portland Fire and Rescue officials said the man, whose name was not released, was found unconscious in a back bathroom of the house. He was taken to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center with what firefighters described as life-threatening injuries.

Fire crews from Portland Fire Station 24 in Woodstock were called at about 2 p.m. to a house at 3107 S.E. 51st St., where they discovered heavy smoke and fire coming from the one-story home. A neighbor told firefighters that the home's resident was trapped inside.

Lt. Rian Minto, an 11-year veteran of the fire bureau, took about four minutes to find the man in the bathroom and pulled him from the house.

Investigators said the fire started in the home's ceiling where a chimney pipe from a wood stove was installed. The fire caused about $50,000 damage to the home and about $15,000 damage to its contents.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine