Daily News Where you Live
Wind: 5 mph
19 Dec 2014
20 Dec 2014
Plumbing work starts home fire
A homeowner "sweating" plumbing pipes with heat and solder started his Southwest Portland residence on fire Tuesday evening.
Portland Fire & Rescue was called to a house at 1500 S.W. Harrison at 7:18 p.m. on Aug. 27. When they arrived, firefighters found fire in the attic of the residence. The occupant was already outside of the home and was safe.
Firefighters extinguished the fire. A Fire Investigator determined the homeowner was responsible. No cost estimate was immediately available.