Daily News Where you Live
Wind: 7 mph
2 Jun 2015
3 Jun 2015
Grease fire burns NE Portland woman
A woman was treated at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center Wednesday afternoon for burns she suffered while trying to extinguish a pan of burning grease.
Portland Fire and Rescue reported that the woman, whose name was not released, was burned at about 12:48 p.m. Dec. 24, when a pan caught fire in the kitchen of a duplex in the 1900 block of Northeast Buffalo Street.
Fighters said the woman was injured when she tried to put out the grease fire by pouring water on the burning pan. The water made the fire more intense, filling the duplex with smoke.JW_DISQUS_ADD_A_COMMENT