PDX lands top spot in on-time flight rankings
Just one more thing we do well. A March airport performance report compiled by Flightstats Inc., released Friday, lists Portland International Airport as No. 1 in major North American airports for on-time flights.
According to the report, more than 88 percent of flights arriving in Portland were on time in March, defined as within 15 minutes of scheduled arrival. Salt Lake City was second and Seattle third. Vancouver, British Columbias airport took fourth, making it a clean sweep of top spots by airports in the West.
The worst performing airport was Chicago Midway, where 70.92 percent of flights arrived on time. Newarks airport was second from the bottom.
Flightstats data can be found at: www.flightstats.com.
Top On-Time Performance for North American Airports
1. Portland (PDX) 88.52 percent
2. Salt Lake City (SLC) 87.19 percent
3. Seattle (SEA) 86.80 percent
4. Vancouver (YVR) 84.95 percent
5. Charlotte (CLT) 84.88 percent
6. Phoenix (PHX) 84.34 percent
7. San Diego (SAN) 84.06 percent
8. Honolulu (HNL) 83.92 percent
9. Minneapolis (MSP) 83.56 percent
10. Detroit (DTW) 83.45 percent