Daily News Where you Live
Wind: 6 mph
2 Jun 2015
3 Jun 2015
Sprinkler credited with knocking out fire
The early morning blaze was caused by improper disposal of used rags, investigator says
Authorities are crediting a fire sprinkler for preventing a Thursday morning blaze at OrePac in Wilsonville from causing major damage.
Just before 6 a.m., firefighters with Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue responded to reports of a fire in a paint room at the business at 30160 S.W. Orepac Way, according to a news release.
Initial reports indicated that the paint room contained a gas line, paint products, air guns and pressure tanks, all of which could pose potential hazards for firefighters and workers.
Upon arriving on scene, firefighters found light smoke coming from the industrial building. Thanks to a fire sprinkler in the paint room, along with employees using fire extinguishers, the fire was out when firefighters entered the paint room.
A TVFR investigator determined that the fire resulted from the spontaneous combustion of improperly disposed rags that been used for staining.
Due to the minimal damage caused by the blaze, no repairs will be necessary, according to the news release.JW_DISQUS_ADD_A_COMMENT