The last remaining suspect in Sunday morning's Muchas Gracias robbery surrenders to Portland police after incident


Police now have all three of the suspects in last weekend's armed robbery of the St. Helens Muchas Gracias restaurant in custody.

Last night, April 18, Portland Police Bureau officers responded to a report of a man with a gun at a Portland mini-mart. Police reported that shots had been fired, and upon arrival the lone suspect, Daniel Thomas Rehrig, tossed his handgun to the ground and surrendered.

St. Helens Police Department officers had identified Rehrig, 18, as a suspect in connection with the April 13 early morning robbery of Muchas Gracias. Surveillance video from the robbery showed two gun-wielding men with bandannas concealing their faces and hoods pulled up over their heads demanding cash from the restaurant clerk as a third man lingered near the door.

After the clerk opened the cash register, the suspects can be seen grabbing cash and rushing out the door.

The gun Rehrig is suspected to have used in the Portland robbery is believed to be the same that had been used in the Muchas Gracias crime.

Police had earlier arrested two other teenagers suspected in the St. Helens restaurant robbery.

A tip led investigators to an address on N. 12th Street in St. Helens April 17. They arrested Joshua Phillip Walker, 18, and charged him with first-degree robbery.

Walker was lodged at the Columbia County Jail. His bail is set at $100,000.

As of 2:30 p.m. April 18, police have also arrested Terrance Anthony Cochran (also known as Terrence Ozias), 18, of St. Helens in connection with the robbery. Cochran had been escorted to the St. Helens Police Department by a family member, where he had been taken into custody. He has since been lodged in the Columbia County Jail and booked on first-degree robbery charges. His bail has been set at $100,000.

At the residence on N. 12th St., investigators also seized a dark green 1999 Honda Accord. Inside, they found two handguns and clothing the suspects could be seen wearing in surveillance videos of the robbery.

Prior to apprehending Rehrig, police had warned the public that he was considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached.

St. Helens officers responded to Portland and took custody of Rehrig. He has been transported to the Columbia County Jail where he was booked on first-degree robbery charges. His bail has been set at $100,000.

Rehrig is also likely to face additional charges in Multnomah County.


Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine