Failed loading XML file.
StartTag: invalid element name
Extra content at the end of the document



A storage building fully engulfed in flames threatened a nearby home near St. Helens April 19.

Fire crews from Columbia River Fire & Rescue and Scappoose Fire responded to a reported residential fire at 61508 Hancock Drive just off Pittsburg Road in Yankton at 7:30 p.m. April 19. They arrived to find an older one-story storage building engulfed in flames.

It took the firefighters about an hour to quell the flames and all occupants escaped unharmed.

According to on-scene commander, Division Chief Brian Burright, the shed was only about six feet from the back of the home. The fire extensively damaged the home's siding and window frames. Burright said fire crews were able to prevent the fire from penetrating the interior of the home and the roof was not affected.

Fire personnel remained on-scene for another two hours to ensure all the hot spots were extinguished.

The home is owned by Michael and Kathy Chakos. Their two children, ages 21 and 16, were also home at the time of the fire.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine