Unfortunately our website is having issues today. We are working diligently to resolve this problem. Please come back later.
• Bike Gallery, a Portland company, will hold a demonstration 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. Friday, May 25, at Sandy Ridge Trail. The Bike Gallery will bring six varieties of Trek and Kona mountain bikes for interested participants to try out. The trail is located off Highway 26. Turn left onto E. Sleepy Hollow Drive and take the second right onto E. Barlow Trail Road if you're traveling from anywhere west of Brightwood. All demo rides are free of charge. For more information, call 503-281-9800.
• The Sandy Public Library is holding a furniture surplus sale
noon-3 p.m. May 24 and 25 and by appointment, at 37515 Highway 26, a commerical space west of the Safeway complex. Bring a truck, dolly and cash (no credit or checks) to haul away double-sided bookshelves, cabinets, office chairs, desks, organizers and track lighting. Prices range from a couple dollars to more than $100, with room for negotiation. The sale is a result of the library transitioning to its new quarters earlier this year. For more information, call the library at 503-668-5537.
• AntFarm is offering tutoring daily from 3-6 p.m. at 39140 Proctor Blvd. Students are invited to come in after school to work on homework with volunteer tutors. From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays and Saturdays, AntFarm will hold its Community Connections program. Call ahead and find out where you can volunteer to help others in our community with yard cleanup. If you need work done, call 503-622-3548. Donations are appreciated. From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, AntFarm youths and volunteers will work in the Community Garden behind Suburban Ford and next door to the new Urgent Care in Sandy.
• The Sandy High drama department will hold its spring production, 'My Very Own Story,' at 7:30 p.m. May 24, 25 and 26, in the high school commons.
The play is a comedy by Alan Ayckbourn, and this production marks the last in the 'cafegymatorium.'
Tickets cost $5 for adults and $4 for students and senior citizens. For reservations, call 503-668-8011, ext. 381.
• A children's theater production is on stage each weekend through May 27 at the Nutz-n-Boltz Theater in Boring. The play, 'Glow Fly and the Seven Bugs,' is performed by 19 child actors, ages 7-14. For more information, visit nnbtheater.org.
• The Sandy Optimist Club meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Thursdays of every month at the Sandy Senior Center, 38438 Pioneer Blvd. For more information, call 503-668-9542 or go to sandyoptimist.org.
• The W'yeast Artisans Guild is offering an art exhibit called "Real Life" in the lobby of the Sandy Actors Theatre, with an artists reception at 6:45 p.m. Thursday, May 31, at the theater, behind Ace Hardware. The evening's entertainment includes a preview showing of SAT's latest play "Rabbit Hole." Admission is free, however, donations will be accepted to assist the guild in its community programs.
• The Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center is featuring the work of Sandy High School artists. The students' work is on display during May in the visitor center, 38963 Pioneer Blvd. For information, call 503-668-4006.
• The Quilting and Fiber Arts Club members join in creative activities anytime from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month on the second floor of the Sandy Historical Society Museum, 39345 Pioneer Blvd. Interested individuals may come anytime to learn about membership. For more information, call the museum at 503-668-3378.
• The 'What I've Read ... ' art exhibit, by Wy'east Artisans Guild, is open to the public through June 10 at the Sandy Public Library. For more information, call Becky Hawley at 503-668-5590.
• The morning chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a weight-loss support group, meets 7:30-9 a.m. Wednesdays at the Clackamas County Bank's Sunset Community Room, 38935 Proctor Blvd. For more information, call SuAnne at 503-668-0002.
• The evening chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets 6:30-8 p.m. Thursdays at Clackamas County Bank's Sunset Community Room, 38935 Proctor Blvd. For more information, call Sharon at 503-668-3417.
• Celebrate Recovery meets at 6 p.m. Fridays at Good Shepherd Community Church 28986 S.E. Haley Road in Boring. It's open to anyone 18 or older who has any hurts, habits or hang-ups. For more information, call 503-663-5050.
• Sandy Principles and Progress, an Al-anon group, meets from 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays at Sandy Community Center, 38348 Pioneer Blvd. For more information, call 503-330-0900.
• Progress Not Perfection, an Al-anon group, meets at 7 p.m. Thursdays at Living Way Fellowship Church, 39300 Dubarko St., Sandy. The group is geared toward families, friends and loved ones of any alcoholics, addicts or others who may seem to be hurting themselves, are in recovery or need to be in recovery. For more information, call Nancy Ashley at 503-880-0308.
• District 25 Alcoholics Anonymous' Sandy Discovery Group meets at 7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and the second Saturday of the month, and at 9 a.m. Sundays at Foursquare Church of Sandy, 39300 Dubarko Road. The Sandy group also meets at 8 p.m. Tuesdays at Sandy Community Center, 38348 Pioneer Blvd. The Welches Timberline group meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays for 'text studies,' at 6 p.m. Fridays for women, at 5 p.m. Saturday and at 7:30 p.m. Sundays at St. John in the Woods Catholic Church, 24905 E. Woodsey Way, Welches.
• The Sandy City Council meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Mondays of each month at Sandy City Hall, 39250 Pioneer Blvd. For meeting agendas or more information, go to cityofsandy.com.
• The Sandy Downtown Parking Advisory Committee meets at 4 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Sandy City Hall, 39250 Pioneer Blvd. For more information, call 503-489-2163.
• The Villages at Mt. Hood board of directors meets at 4 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month. For agendas or more information, go to thevillagesatmthood.com.
• The Firwood CPO/Wildcat Mountain Neighbors Association meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at the Firwood Fire Station, 24545 Firwood Road, Sandy. For more information, call Marge Stewart, 503-668-8797, or Jerry Hein, 503-826-8448.
• The Boring CPO meets at 7 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Boring Fire Station, 28655 Highway 212, Boring. For more information, call Chairman Steve Bates at 503-663-6271.
• The Oregon Trail School District board of directors meets at 6 p.m. the second Monday of each month except July. For locations, meeting agendas or more information, go to ortrail.k12.or.us.
• The Advisory Board to the Sandy and Hoodland Public Libraries meets 4:30-6 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the city of Sandy City Hall Conference Room. City Hall is located at 39250 Pioneer Blvd., Sandy. To confirm the meeting place and time each month, call 503-489-2168.
• The Boring Water District Board of Commissioners meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the water district office, 28577 Wally Road, Boring; enter driveway across Highway 212 from the Boring Post Office. The public is welcome to attend. For more information, call 503-663-4594.
• The Community Church of Sandy offers a free dinner at 6 p.m. every Friday at 39290 Scenic St. For more information, call 503-668-4543.
• St. Vincent de Paul serves a free lunch from noon-2 p.m. every Wednesday at the Sandy Community Action Center, 38982 Pioneer Blvd. For more information, call the center at 503-668-4746.
• St. Michael's Church offers a free dinner at 6 p.m. every Saturday at 18090 S.E. Langensand Road. For more information, call 503-668-4446.
• The Sandy Seventh-day Adventist Church offers a free community meal at 6 p.m. Tuesdays at 18575 S.E. Langensand Road. For more information, call 503-668-6144.