AntFarm hosts grand opening, new events
AntFarm, Sandy's youth development center, will host its grand opening ribbon cutting at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 21, at 39140 Proctor Blvd.
Mayor Bill King and the Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce will be there to celebrate the newly finished facility. The event runs until 8 p.m. For more details, see next week's issue of The Post.
In addition, AntFarm has a host of new weekly events for the new year:
• From 3-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, the center will offer after-school tutoring.
• From 5-7 p.m. Jan. 14, the center will host a game day.
• The cultural arts room will play host to 'crafternoons' from noon-2 p.m. every Thursday. The public is welcome to come in and work on crafts or share talents with others. Music jams will take place at 3 p.m. every Friday.
• An introduction to book writing class will be held at 3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 26. It will continue with a six-week course beginning at 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 9.
• A job skills class is coming soon.
For more information, call 503-622-3548 or visit antfarm-international.com.