Sandy police log
Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department.
- 3:19 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 28: Nicole E. Mann, 28, of Welches was stopped for a traffic violation on Dubarko Road near Meinig Avenue. Her passenger, Steven M. Chiappa, 27, also of Welches, was witnessed driving just prior to the stop. They admitted to switching drivers and that Chiappa had a suspended license.
They also admitted to not having insurance. During a search police said they found heroin and what is believed to be hydrocodone. Both subjects were accused of possession of heroin and lodged at Clackamas County Jail on $25,000 bail each. The vehicle was impounded.
- 1:04 a.m. Friday, Nov. 27: Police arrested Eric J. Glove, 41, of Sandy for multiple traffic violations and suspicion of driving under the influence. He was transported to Clackamas County Jail where he was held on $7,500 bail.
- 11:11 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 26: Sergey Y. Kovtun, 21, of Gresham was stopped for a traffic violation near Marcy Street and Bluff Road. It was discovered that he had no insurance and his vehicle was not currently registered. Police impounded the vehicle and cited Kovtun for driving uninsured and without required lighting equipment.
- 5:44 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 26: Two Sandy police officers were parked in the parking lot of a business in the 37600 block of Highway 26 when they witnessed Andrew J. Stensrud, 21, of Lake Oswego make a turn from Ruben Lane into a nearby business parking lot and intentionally strike a vehicle. He then drove off at a high rate of speed. Officers cornered Stensrud in a nearby parking lot and he was taken into custody without incident. He was cited for failure to perform duties of a driver involving property damage and for reckless driving.
- 11:52 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1: A man living in the 19100 block of Averill Parkway reported an unknown person attempted to open a bank account using his information. The man also said his vehicle had recently been broken into while parked in Portland and one of the items stolen was his wallet.
- 4:10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1: A man reported a hit and run to his vehicle sometime overnight on Nov. 14 in the 40800 block of Highway 26. His vehicle was parked in the parking lot of his apartment complex.
- 3:05 p.m. Monday, Nov. 30: The Sandy High School resource officer was dispatched to the 17200 block of Smith Avenue on a report of a juvenile in possession of marijuana. The juveniles parents were there and the juvenile was released to them and the matter forwarded to the Clackamas County Juvenile Department.
- 1:56 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 28: The Sandy code enforcement officer was dispatched to an animal neglect case in the 38800 block of Jerger Street. It was determined that one of the animals was recovering from the Parvo virus and was somewhat underweight. The other dogs in the home were well fed and taken care of.
- 9:54 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 28: A man came to the police department requesting help with delusions he was experiencing. After speaking with the man for a time, he was advised to seek treatment at a nearby hospital. A short time later the man created a dangerous situation by grabbing the wheel of a vehicle in which he was a passenger. The driver was able to park the vehicle and fled into a nearby store. Officers were unable to find the man after he left the area on foot.
- 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 27: A man living in the 18100 block of Seaman Street reported losing an envelope containing a large amount of cash at or near a business in Sandy.
n 10 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 26: A man living in the 39400 block of Evans Street called police to report he had been assaulted by his ex-girlfriend. After speaking with the man and others at the home at the time of the assault, officers concluded there was probable cause to charge the woman with fourth-degree assault and strangulation. Initial attempts to find the woman were unsuccessful, however, she was later contacted by Clackamas County Sheriffs deputies in Clackamas. The case will be referred to the District Attorneys Office.
- 7:21 p.m. Monday, Nov. 30: Timothy J. Vinge, 29, of Sandy, was taken into custody at a residence in the 18000 block of Bodley Court. Vinge had a Clackamas County warrant for probation violation for interfering with a police officer. He was lodged at Clackamas County Jail on $10,000 bail.
- 2:25 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 2: A woman living in the 38000 block of Nettie Connett Drive reported a handgun was stolen from her home.
- 4:10 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 29: Someone entered a store in the 37600 block of Highway 26 and carried off five boxes of Tide detergent without paying. The incident was captured on camera.