Sandy police log
Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 2:05 p.m. Jan. 25: Police conducted a traffic stop on Hood Street and Strauss Avenue. It was determined that the driver was impaired and, during the vehicle inventory, officers found methamphetamine. The driver, Alexander J. Bryan, 25, of Rhododendron was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants and possession of meth. In addition, he was cited for not having a drivers license, driving uninsured, failing to register his vehicle, illegal display of plates and refusal to submit to a breath test. His car was impounded.
- 7:30 a.m. Jan. 22: Officers responded to the 18100 block of Seaman Street in Sandy on a report of a domestic disturbance. Jennifer N. Woody, 33, of Sandy was arrested for harassment and later released by police.
- 7:49 p.m. Jan. 25: Ryan A. Wolfe, 35, of Sandy, was located at a residence in the 38300 block of Barlow Parkway, arrested for a parole violation and taken to Clackamas County Jail where he was held without bail.
- 10:39 p.m. Jan. 25: Marco Martinez-Menchaca, 27, of Sandy came to Sandy Police Department to turn himself in on two Clackamas County warrants, one for parole violation and the other for unauthorized departure. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail without bail.
- 2:02 p.m. Jan. 23: An officer stopped Samuel E. Bainbridge, 38, of Welches for a traffic violation in the 38400 block of Proctor Boulevard. Bainbridge was subsequently arrested on a Clackamas County warrant for unlawful taking of a game animal and angling without a license. He was also cited for driving while suspended. He was lodged at Clackamas County Jail on $5,000 bail.
- 1:18 p.m. Jan. 25: A man living in the 39400 block of Dubarko Road reported that someone stole an outdoor personal surveillance camera from his property.
- 7 p.m. Jan. 25: An unidentified man took vehicle parts from a business in the 37000 block of Highway 26.
- 7:40 a.m. Jan. 23: A man living in the 18200 block of Dahlager Street called to report someone took items out of his unlocked car overnight.
- 2:07 a.m. Jan. 21: Police were dispatched to a burglary call in the 38200 block of Miller Street. The home had been entered and the homeowner said there was property missing.
- 8:13 a.m. Jan. 22: Police responded to a traffic accident on 362nd Drive near Highway 26. No citations were issued.
- 4:06 p.m. Jan. 22: A woman reported her vehicle was damaged while parked in a business parking lot in either the 16600 block of 362nd Drive or the 36800 block of Highway 26.
- 5:18 p.m. Jan. 22: Officers responded to a three-car crash near the intersection of Highway 26 and University Avenue. The investigation determined the at-fault driver had rear ended the vehicle in front of her, causing that vehicle to rear end the vehicle in front of it. Taylor E. Weekley, 20, of Sandy, the at-fault driver, was cited for following too closely and warned for using a cell phone while driving.
- 8:18 a.m. Jan. 27: A Sandy High School resource officer assisted with a medical call involving drugs in the 37400 block of Bell Street. He returned to the school on a similar call at 11:56 a.m.
- 1:50 p.m. Jan. 27: A woman living in the 18200 block of Meinig Avenue called to report her daughters had come home from school and found a back door of their home open. Officers checked the home and found no one inside. The homeowner came home and discovered cash missing.
- 11:29 a.m. Jan. 25: A code enforcement officer towed an abandoned vehicle from Industrial Way near Champion Way. The owner of the pickup truck was notified via certified mail.JW_DISQUS_ADD_A_COMMENT