Sandy police log
Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 9:10 p.m. Jan. 17: Police observed a local transient, Devin S. Owens, 20, walking on Ruben Lane with a grocery cart owned by a local business. Owens was arrested for second-degree theft and transported to Sandy Police Department. He was cited and released from the station.
- 3:44 a.m. Jan. 15: Police were dispatched to a report of an unknown injury crash in the area of Highway 26 and Ten Eyck Road. The driver of the vehicle was identified as Hunter D. S. Brooks, 44, of Portland. It was determined that Brooks was intoxicated and was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants. He was lodged at Clackamas County Jail on $7,500 bail.
- 9:03 p.m. Jan. 14: Police were dispatched to a theft call at a business in the 16600 block of 362nd Drive. Kristi A. Derschmidt, 51, of Oregon City was arrested for allegedly stealing a large amount of merchandise. Following her arrest, a small amount of methamphetamine was found in her purse. She was lodged at Clackamas County Jail on accusations of second-degree theft and possession of meth. Bail was set at $22,500.
- 7:03 p.m. Jan. 20: Police conducted a traffic stop on Proctor Boulevard and Meinig Avenue. The driver, Efrain Luna-Sanchez, 21, of Gresham did not have valid driving privileges and was driving uninsured. His vehicle was impounded, and he was cited for the violations.
- 11:08 a.m. Jan. 20: A woman living in the 18200 block of Grey Avenue came to the police department to report that an unknown subject had ordered cellular phones and created a cellular account using her identity and without her permission. There are no suspects.
- 1:30 p.m. Jan. 20: a man living in the 37300 block of Dubarko Road reported vandalism to his vehicle that occurred sometime the previous day. Two tires on the man's vehicle had been slashed.
- 5:24 p.m. Jan. 15: An employee of the local school bus service reported an unknown individual had broken out one of the school bus windows while the driver was on her route near the intersection of Davis Street and Hornecker Avenue. It is unknown how the window was damaged.
- 7:24 p.m. Jan. 17: Police were dispatched to the 37900 block of Highway 26 on an assault report. Police contacted the victim and got an initial statement. The victim was subsequently transported to the hospital, and the investigation is ongoing.JW_DISQUS_ADD_A_COMMENT