Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 8:05 p.m. Jan. 26, Jordan M. Smith, 29, of Sandy was arrested for second-degree theft after he entered a business located in the 37600 block of Highway 26, took numerous items and left the store without paying. He was cited and released.
- 2:17 p.m. Jan. 29, Daniel J. Newton, 43, of Sandy was arrested in the 18000 block of Bluff Road. Daniels probation officer issued a detainer for his arrest. Newton was taken into custody and transported to the Clackamas County Jail where he was held without bail.
- 6:51 p.m. Feb. 1, a vehicle was stopped for a lighting violation and Sandy Police found it also did not have insurance. A passenger, Andrew M. Rowland, 32, of Gladstone was on parole. A detainer warrant was issued and Rowland was booked at Clackamas County Jail without bail. The driver, Destiny L. Hoerning, 34, of Milwaukie was cited for driving uninsured and the vehicle was impounded.
- 2:29 a.m. Jan. 26, a vehicle was stopped on Highway 26 at 362nd Drive after it was found the insurance was terminated in July 2014. In the process of conducting an inventory search, Sandy Police found a bottle of alcohol. One of the passengers said it was a bottle of whiskey and she was planning on drinking it when she got home. Tyler L. Colombo, 23, of Woodburn was cited for driving uninsured and open container of alcohol. The vehicle was impounded.
- 4:13 p.m. Jan. 26, a traffic crash occurred near Pioneer Boulevard and Shelley Avenue. Upon arrival, it was discovered a vehicle traveling east on Pioneer Boulevard crashed into the rear of a parked car causing it to strike the car parked in front of it. A total of four cars were involved. There were no injuries. The driver, Paul W. Ricker, 71, of Sandy was cited for Careless Driving.
- 1:49 a.m. Feb. 1, a white Toyota was stopped for crossing the yellow line twice on 362nd Drive near Dubarko Road. The driver, Hollie A. Marshall, 32, of Sandy had a suspended license. She also had no proof of insurance. She was cited for failure to drive within lane, driving while suspended and failure to carry proof of insurance. The vehicle was impounded.
- 5 a.m. Jan. 26, a blue 2000 BMW sedan was struck alongside the 17800 block of Bluff Road. The vehicle that struck the BMW left the scene. The investigation is ongoing.
- 11:59 p.m. Jan. 30, a hit and run was reported to have occurred the day before outside of a business in the 38600 block of Pioneer Boulevard in Sandy.
- 3 p.m. Jan. 30, a hit and run occurred in an alley behind a business in the 39000 block of Pioneer Boulevard. The incident is under further investigation.
- 4:29 Jan. 28, two male juveniles were arrested for third-degree theft at a business in the 37600 block of Highway 26. Charges were referred to the Clackamas County Juvenile Court. Both juveniles were trespassed from the property and released to their parents.
- 3:09 p.m. Jan. 30, it was reported that sometime overnight an unknown suspect damaged a vehicle while it was parked in the 18300 block of Van Fleet Avenue.
- 9:15 a.m. Jan. 26, a woman was bitten by a dog on the Tickle Creek Trail near Dubarko Road in Sandy. The dog broke the skin on her left forearm. The woman was in a hurry and forgot to obtain the owners and dogs information.