* 9:47 p.m. Dec. 5, a driver was stopped on Highway 26 west of Kelso Road on a suspected DUII. Jane A. Gustafson, 51, of Gresham was determined impaired by intoxicants. She was arrested and taken to Sandy Police Department, where she provided a breath sample. She was held at Clackamas County Jail on $7,500 bail.
* 7:57 a.m. Dec. 6, a transient was reported sleeping in the doorway of a business in the 17700 block of Langensand Road. Vernon R. Dibble, 56, of Sandy was stopped across the street where he had been previously banned. He was taken into custody for second-degree criminal trespass and held at Clackamas County Jail on $3,500 bail.
* 9:47 p.m. Dec. 6, a citizen reported being following a suspected drunk driver. The vehicle was located in the 37800 block of Rachael Drive. Officers contacted the driver, Francisco Juarez-Garcia, 38, of Sandy, who was arrested for DUII after an investigation. He was later cited and released from the Sandy Police Department.
* 12:08 a.m. Dec. 2, a driver was seen failing to signal a turn and was stopped. The driver, Joseph M. Soulier, 35, of Bend, had a suspended license and no insurance on the vehicle he was driving. He was cited for all three violations, and the truck was impounded.
* 8:08 a.m. Dec. 1, a contractor reported a theft from one of his work vehicles over Thanksgiving weekend. The vehicle was parked in the area of Chula Vista Street and Bella Vista Street.
* 9:52 a.m. Dec. 1, an employee at a business in the 37000 block of Highway 26 reported someone had stolen a bumper from one of the company vehicles. The exact date and time of the incident is unknown. Evidence was collected from the scene and forwarded to the crime lab for possible suspect identification.
* 3:24 p.m. Dec. 2, it was reported that a home-based business in the 37100 block of Hauglum Road was defrauded of around $36,000 when a subject posing as a product buyer placed orders for shipment to England. The suspect asked the business owners to ship the items to him via a shipping company from Poland. The credit card used to pay for the shipping turned out to be a fraudulent card. The suspect used the business owners account as a means to gain laundered funds from the account. The report was forwarded to the Clackamas County Sheriffs Office, Interpol, the FBI and the Secret Service.
* 8:26 p.m. Dec. 3, between Nov. 28 and Nov. 3 a residents vehicle was broken into while parked in the 38500 block of Strawbridge Parkway in Sandy. The woman said her vehicle was ransacked and the only thing taken was a pair of Oakley sunglasses.
* 11:24 a.m. Dec. 5, a theft occurred in the 17100 block of University Avenue. Several sandwich boards belonging to various businesses were stolen.
* Midnight Dec. 7, a theft was reported from the 18200 block of Davis Street. The resident said that sometime in the past two days, an unknown suspect had stolen the tailgate from his vehicle while it was parked on the street in front of his home.
* 2:10 p.m. Dec. 5, two juvenile males were found to be in possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana while at school. The students were taken into custody and eventually released to their parents. Charges were referred to the Clackamas County Juvenile Department.
* 8:29 a.m. Dec. 1, an unknown suspect applied graffiti to several locations in Meinig Park. Cleanup was estimated at $50.
* 8:07 a.m. Dec. 1, a citizen in the 38200 block of Heia Court reported someone broke the driver side window of his vehicle sometime overnight. The man said nothing appeared to have been taken.
* 5:52 p.m. Dec. 4, a man was formally banned from a business in the 37600 block of Highway 26 at the request of the manager for panhandling outside the store after being asked to leave and carrying large knives inside the store despite being asked not to. No arrests or citations were issued.Add a comment