Sandy police log
Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 5:11 p.m. Jan. 12: Jose L. Vazquez-Cabello, 36, of Sandy was arrested near the 40700 block of Highway 26. Vazquez-Cabello had a Multnomah County warrant charging two counts of phone harassment. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail on $1,000 bail.
- 5:42 a.m. Jan. 9: Police were dispatched to a suspicious person call in the 39500 block of Pioneer Boulevard. The subject, Michael J. Kim, 39, of Sandy had a Multnomah County warrant for second-degree disorderly conduct, second-degree criminal trespass and public indecency. Methamphetamine paraphernalia was found in his vehicle. He was lodged in the Clackamas County Jail on $5,000 bail. Charges of possession of methamphetamine will be referred to the district attorney.
- 7:44 p.m. Jan. 8: Joshua W. Plotner, 29, of Sandy was arrested near the 38600 block of Proctor Boulevard on a Clackamas County warrant for second-degree criminal trespass. He was transported to the Clackamas County Jail, where he was held on $5,000 bail.
- 9:20 p.m. Jan. 7: Mindi K. Simonton, 33, of Maupin was arrested following a traffic stop on Highway 26 near Ruben Lane. A check of her driver's license revealed she had a Wasco County warrant for driving under the influence, possession of meth and reckless driving. She was later transported to the Clackamas County Jail, where she was held on $6,000 bail. She was also cited in Sandy Municipal Court for driving with a suspended license and failure to obey a traffic control device. Her vehicle was impounded.
- 6:34 a.m. Jan. 13: A woman living in the 40700 block of Highway 26 called to report that her vehicle was broken into overnight. There are no suspects at this time.
- 8 a.m. Jan. 13: A woman living in the 40800 block of Highway 26 called to report that her boyfriend's vehicle was broken into overnight. There are no suspects at this time.
- 8:23 a.m. Jan. 13: A woman living in the 40700 block of Highway 26 called to report that her vehicle was broken into overnight. There are no suspects at this time.
- 9:51 a.m. Jan. 13: An elderly woman living in the 18000 block of Meinig Avenue reported that someone who had been staying in her home stole money from her. A report was taken which will be referred to adult protective services.
- 3:37 p.m. Jan. 13: a man living in the 40700 block of Highway 26 called to report that his vehicle had been broken into overnight. His vehicle was parked on Southeast Vista Loop Drive at the time.
- 1:14 p.m. Jan. 11: A 15-year-old girl was taken into custody near the 37800 block of Nettie Connett Drive on a felony fourth-degree assault warrant. She was lodged at the Donald E. Long Juvenile Detention Center.
- 6:11 p.m. Jan. 13: Police were dispatched to an injury crash at the intersection of Sunset Street and University Avenue. One of the drivers had to be extricated from her vehicle and was Life Flighted to OHSU. The other driver had visible injuries. Both vehicles were totaled. No citations were issued.
- 9:48 a.m. Jan. 11: Police responded to a two-car collision on Highway 26 near Royal Lane. A driver reportedly fell asleep at the wheel with the cruise control set, which caused him to run into the back of the vehicle ahead of him that was slowing for traffic. One driver was transported by ambulance and both vehicles were towed.
- 11:09 p.m. Jan. 7: Police were dispatched to an occurrence of criminal mischief in the 38700 block of Pioneer Boulevard. An unknown suspect threw an object through the window of a business.
- 11:27 a.m. Jan. 13: The Sandy code enforcement officer towed an abandoned trailer from the area of Solso Drive and Rachael Drive.
- 6:47 p.m. Jan. 9: Police were notified by dispatch of a rape that was reported from a hospital in Gresham. The victim told dispatch that it occurred near a business in the 39600 block of Proctor Boulevard. Police responded to the hospital and obtained an initial statement. The case is under investigation.
- 8:05 p.m. Jan. 9: Police were dispatched to a shooting in the 38700 block of Long Circle. A 44-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the leg and was transported to a Portland hospital.
- 9:50 a.m. Jan. 8: Police were dispatched to a business in the 36600 block of Industrial Way on a located stolen trailer. The semi-trailer had been reported stolen out of Troutdale after it was towed by mistake. The victim was notified and the trailer was cleared from law enforcement databases.
- 7:37 p.m. Jan. 7: A woman called police to report a violation of a restraining order she has against an ex-family member. She stated this individual entered her vehicle and stole cash while the vehicle was parked in front of a business in the 16600 block of 362nd Drive. The case is still under investigation.