Sandy police log
Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 3:56 p.m. Jan. 2: Police were notified of a wanted subject at a residence in the 37700 block of Coralburst Street. Police responded to the address and detained Michelle L. Simms, 26, of Sandy who was taken into custody on a parole violation. She was transported to Clackamas County Jail where she was held without bail.
- 6:48 p.m. Monday, Jan. 4: Sandy officers attempted to locate a theft suspect at a residence in the 17300 block of Aubin Street. The suspect was not there, however, another subject with a felony warrant was at the house. Vernon P. Bolin, 43, of Sandy was taken into custody for a no-bail Multnomah County probation violation warrant. Bolin was also found to be in possession of controlled substances. Those charges will be referred to the Clackamas County District Attorney's Office.
- 8:20 a.m. Jan. 2: Police responded to the 37000 block of Highway 26 regarding a theft of vehicle parts.
- 9:50 a.m. Jan. 2: Police responded to the 41700 block of Highway 26 regarding a theft.
- 12:10 p.m. Dec. 31: A man reported that sometime between 3 a.m. and noon, an unknown subject stole a blue 1996 Nissan Quest van from the 40800 block of Southeast Highway 26. The vehicle information was entered into state and national databases.
- 2:10 p.m. Jan. 4: Police responded to a report of a hit and run in the parking lot of a business in the 16600 block of 362nd Drive. The man reported his vehicle had been struck in the past 30 minutes by an unknown suspect.
- 2:28 p.m. Jan. 2: Police responded to a two-car collision in the area of Highway 26 and Ruben Lane. One of the drivers was transported to a local hospital.
- 7:49 p.m. Jan. 2: An off-duty Sandy police officer called dispatch to advise there was a suspicious male looking in windows of vehicles parked outside a closed business in the 16600 block of 362nd Drive. Police located the juvenile male in the 36300 block of Dubarko Road, noting he had what appeared to be stolen items. The juvenile dropped the items and ran from police. He is being sought.
- 4 a.m. Jan. 1: Police were contacted about a fire in a Dumpster in the 36600 block of Highway 26 suspected to have been started by transients.