Sandy police log
Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 1:02 a.m. Dec. 27: Police were notified of a disturbance at a business in the 38700 block of Proctor Boulevard and arrested Charles W. Eaton, 30, of Eagle Creek, on accusations of fourth-degree assault. He was taken to the Clackamas County Jail where he was lodged on $7,500 bail.
- 9:45 a.m. Dec. 29: An employee at a business in the 41700 block of Highway 26 reported a theft from one of their vehicles on the lot.
- 8:07 a.m. Dec. 23: A business in the 37000 block of Highway 26 reported a theft of a vehicle after a customer failed to return it after a test drive. On Dec. 26, Sandy police were notified that the car had been returned to the lot undamaged and the business no longer wished to pursue criminal charges.
- 9:35 a.m. Dec. 23: Police were dispatched to a theft from a vehicle in the 40700 block of Highway 26. The car owner said someone broke the vehicle's passenger side window and took the car stereo and miscellaneous tools.
- 12:35 p.m. Dec. 23: An employee at a business in the 16600 block of 362nd Drive reported a shoplift. The unknown suspect left the business while wearing a stolen pair of jeans.
- 2:04 p.m. Dec. 30: Police responded to the 41700 block of Highway 26 on a report of vehicle break-ins.
- 5:25 p.m. Dec. 26: Police were dispatched to a burglary that occurred at a business In the 41700 block of Southeast Highway 26. Police took evidence to be submitted to the state crime lab for analysis.
- 12:36 p.m. Dec. 29: Police responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Highway 26 and 362nd Drive. One of the drivers was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. No citations were issued and both vehicles had to be towed.
- 8:19 p.m. Dec. 28: Police were notified of a traffic crash on Pioneer Boulevard near Bluff Road. Two vehicles were involved and one of the drivers complained of minor pain. An information-exchange form was given to both drivers.
- 6:53 p.m. Dec. 25: Police responded to a collision on Highway 211 near Dubarko Road in Sandy. One driver was transported to a hospital for a head injury; the other driver's vehicle was towed due to heavy front end damage.
- 8:37 a.m. Dec. 24: Police responded to a non-injury motor vehicle crash in the 39000 block of Dubarko Road. Police said one vehicle lost control due to the icy conditions of the road and struck a parked vehicle.
- 5:07 p.m. Dec. 26: Police were dispatched to a criminal mischief that occurred to a vehicle parked in the area of Southeast Vista Loop Drive and Southeast Vista View Court.
- 11:19 a.m. Dec. 29: Police were contacted regarding an identity theft that occurred in Portland in 2012. A courtesy report was taken from the Sandy resident and will be forwarded to the appropriate agency.
- 4:30 p.m. Dec. 27: Police were dispatched to a verbal disturbance at a restaurant in the 38700 block of Pioneer Boulevard. A customer and the cook were disputing the preparation of a meal.
- 8:40 a.m. Dec. 24: A man called to report damage to his vehicle which had been parked near the intersection of Galway Street and Oak Avenue overnight. No information was left on his vehicle by whomever caused the damage.