Sandy police log
Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 1:51 a.m. Nov. 1, police were dispatched to a domestic disturbance in the 38900 block of Sandy Heights Street. After an investigation, James R. Dunlap, 26, of Sandy was arrested for fourth-degree assault. He was transported to Clackamas County Jail, where he was held on $7,500 bail.
- 2:21 a.m. Oct. 31, police conducted a traffic stop in the area of Proctor Boulevard and Shelly Avenue. Following field sobriety tests, Kevin M. Tilka, 26, of Vancouver, Wash., was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants. Tilka was cited and released.
- 3:50 p.m. Oct. 31, police responded to the 17300 block of Meinig Avenue regarding a violation of a restraining order. On Nov. 1 at 1:46 p.m., Judd A. Waibel, 48, of Sandy was arrested in the 17600 block Bluff Road for this violation. Waibel was transported to Clackamas County Jail and held on $5,000 bail.
- 11:27 p.m. Oct. 30, police were dispatched to a possible DUII in the 18900 block of Wallingford Avenue. Autumn B. Clevenger, 36, of Sandy, was arrested. She provided a breath sample that was over the legal limit of .08 percent, and was cited and released from the police station.
- 7 p.m. Nov. 2, police officers conducted a warrant service at a residence in the 18000 block of Bodley Court. Michael D. Crane, 33, of Sandy was taken into custody on a felony warrant for parole violation. Crane was transported to Clackamas County Jail, where he was lodged on the no-bail warrant.
- 11:30 a.m. Oct. 31, Jennifer A. Wessels, 37, of Sandy, was arrested in the 15200 block of Penny Avenue. She was taken to Clackamas County Jail on a Clackamas County warrant for contempt of court, where she was held on $1,000 bail.
- 3:19 p.m. Nov. 3, police responded to a non-injury traffic crash on Highway 26 near Ruben Lane. Christine L. Boyd, 29, of Rhododendron was issued a citation for driving while suspended.
- 9:17 p.m. Nov. 1, Sandy police conducted a traffic stop in the area of Proctor Boulevard and Strauss Avenue after noticing a car go through a red light. The driver, Kanadid A. Muhumed, 27, of Portland had a suspended drivers license. Muhumeds vehicle was impounded, and he was cited for driving while suspended and failure to obey a traffic control device.
- 8:35 a.m. Nov. 3, a man reported that his vehicle had been stolen overnight from the 39200 block of Barker Court.
The man located his vehicle a few miles out of the city.
- 3:17 p.m. Oct. 31, police were dispatched to the 37600 block of Highway 26 regarding a theft by deception. A report was taken, and the investigation is ongoing.
- 7 p.m. Nov. 4, a vehicle was struck by another vehicle while parked in the 17100 block of Bluff Road. The suspect made no attempt to contact the owner to exchange information.
- 1:30 p.m. Nov. 3, the School Resource Officer responded to a drug complaint in the 37400 block of Bell Street. A male student was found in possession of marijuana. The subject admitted to distributing the substance to one other person. The boy was lodged at the Clackamas County Juvenile Reception Center.