Public safety column
Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 6:38 a.m. Sept. 19, citizens were reported rummaging through the toolbox of a truck parked at a business in the 16600 block of 362nd Drive. After being questioned, Kristen T. Holden, 26, of Milwaukie was arrested for unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle and possession of methamphetamine, and Matthew C. Sofich, 37, of Damascus was arrested for unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle and parole violation charges. Both were taken to Clackamas County Jail. While being booked, additional meth allegedly was found on Holden, and she was also charged with introducing contraband into a correctional facility. She was held on $37,500 bail.
- 10:35 p.m. Sept. 21, after being stopped for a traffic violation, Patricia F. Hurt, 30, of Sandy was arrested for possession of methamphetamine. She was transported to Clackamas County Jail and held on $15,000 bail.
- 7:36 p.m. Sept. 15, Tyler D. Hardy, 20, of Sandy was arrested on a Clackamas County warrant and taken to the county jail, where he was held on $15,000 bail.
- 10:50 a.m. Sept. 17, Peter W. Gefre, 25, of Boring and Kristen T. Holden, 26, of Milwaukie were arrested on Multnomah County warrants after police approached them on a suspicious vehicle call. Both were taken to Clackamas County Jail.
- 8 a.m. Sept. 15, a vehicle break-in was reported to have occurred overnight in the 18700 block of Van Fleet Avenue. The suspect stole electronics from the car.
- 8:32 a.m. Sept. 15, a resident of the 38800 block of Barlow Parkway reported an unknown person entered his vehicle, which was parked in his driveway, and stole several items. There are no suspects at this time.
- 2:13 p.m. Sept. 15, a theft that occurred overnight was reported from outside a residence in the 38700 block of Sawyer Street.
- 6:12 p.m. Sept. 15, a theft was reported from a business in the 37600 block of Highway 26. The license plate number of the suspects vehicle was acquired.
- 1:38 p.m. Sept. 17, a citizen reported his briefcase stolen from his vehicle while it was parked near a business in the 39100 block of Proctor Boulevard.
- 6:15 a.m. Sept. 18, a woman living in the 39200 block of Pleasant Street called to report that her jogging stroller was stolen sometime between 4:30 p.m. Sept. 17 and 6 a.m. Sept. 18. She valued the stroller at $150, but had no suspect information.
- 6:55 a.m. Sept. 18, a citizen reported someone stole his 2012 Yamaha FZ6R overnight from his garage in the 38200 block of Miller Road. A neighbors video surveillance system will be reviewed.
- 7:50 a.m. Sept. 18, an unknown suspect applied graffiti to a structure in the 42900 block of Trubel Road.
- 8:21 a.m. Sept. 18, a city employee reported graffiti in the mens restroom at Meinig Park. Estimated cost of cleanup is $50.
- 10:55 p.m. Sept. 19, a man causing a disturbance in the 39500 block of Evans Street was taken to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation.JW_DISQUS_ADD_A_COMMENT