Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 6:04 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 25, Christopher M. Schaad, 26, of Sandy was arrested at Highway 26 and Ruben Lane as he had a Clackamas County warrant for harassment. Schaad was taken to Clackamas County Jail where he was held without bail.
- 7:23 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, a woman in the 18100 block of Webster Avenue called to report the theft of jewelry from her home.
Two potential suspects were interviewed. At this time there is insufficient evidence to charge either with the theft.
- 7:46 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30, a woman called police to report a theft from her vehicle that was parked at a business in the 37000 block of Highway 26.
The unknown suspect broke out a window to gain entry and stole her purse.
- 7:25 p.m. Monday, Sept. 26, police were notified of a physical harassment that occurred on the 16700 block of Bluff Road.
After interviewing witnesses and the alleged suspects, a report was forwarded to the school resource officer.
- 5:53 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, police responded to an address in the 38900 block of Creekside Loop regarding a fraud. The investigation determined the womans teenage son had deposited a check for a friend in the amount of $750.
The bank told her the check was bad and froze the account. At this time the woman and her son are not out any money, and the case is still under investigation.
- 1:58 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 25, a vehicle was stopped at Highway 211 and Southeast 362nd Drive for lighting violations and expired insurance
Upon investigation, it was determined the driver, Jacob M. Martin, 24, of Portland was under the influence of intoxicants.
During the arrest process, it was discovered he had a concealed weapon on his person, and a methamphetamine pipe and foil with heroin residue were discovered in his vehicle.
Martin was transported to the police station where he was cited and released for driving under the influence. His vehicle was impounded.
The matter will be referred to the District Attorneys Office for consideration of DUII, possession of methamphetamine, possession of heroin and concealed weapon charges.
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 29, Sandy police responded to a traffic crash near the intersection of Proctor Boulevard and Beers Avenue.
There were no reported injuries, and both vehicles sustained minor damage.
One of the drivers, Jose A Hernandez-Zurita, 43, of Sandy, was cited for driving uninsured and warned for not having an operators license.