Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
- 9:51 p.m. Jan. 23, a 17-year-old lost control of his pickup as it was traveling down Sandy Heights Street in reverse near Dubarko Road. The truck had died, and the brakes became inoperable, causing the truck to back down the street. The vehicle struck an overhead light and damaged some personal property.
- 9:16 p.m. Jan. 19, a theft was reported from the Safeway Store on Highway 26. Loss prevention staff detained the suspect, Brian E. Bias, 40, of Boring.
Bias admitted to attempting to steal more than $90 in merchandise from the location. He was arrested and cited for third-degree theft and later transported to Clackamas County Jail, where he was lodged on a parole violation for possession of methamphetamine.
- 2:44 a.m. Jan. 20, a vehicle was stopped for multiple equipment violations on Highway 26 near Vista Loop Drive. After being told the vehicle had no insurance, the driver allegedly became very loud and aggressive. Heather M. Michel, 36, of Sandy was taken into custody on charges of resisting arrest, second-degree disorderly conduct and interfering with a police officer.
She was taken to Clackamas County Jail and held on $22,500. She was also cited for driving uninsured and operating a vehicle without required lighting.
- 11:45 p.m. Jan. 24, a Sandy police officer followed a vehicle parked on Vista Loop Drive with two occupants inside and initiated a traffic stop.
The vehicle didnt stop at first, but finally came to an abrupt stop on Davis Street, where the driver jumped out and ran down the street. The man was identified as having a felony warrant, but could not be located.
His wife, Nicole M. Igalo, 31, of Estacada, was arrested on possession of heroin and the vehicle was impounded. Additional charges will be sought against the man.
- 6:23 p.m. Jan. 25, a suspected DUII was reported. Upon stopping the vehicle, Sandy Police determined Christen N. Silveira, 25, of Grants Pass was impaired.
Small amounts of methamphetamine, cocaine, oxycodone and marijuana were found in her vehicle, and it was impounded.
Silveira was arrested on charges of DUII, reckless driving and possession of cocaine, oxycodone and methamphetamine.
She was booked at Clackamas County Jail on $70,000 bail. She received violation citations for possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana, failing to drive within lane, failure to obey a traffic control device and open container of alcohol.
- 4:07 p.m. Jan. 24, a traffic crash was reported on Highway 26 near Langensand Road. A crash between two vehicles occurred when one driver made a dangerous left-hand turn. Georgina G. Sutherland, 78, of Sandy was cited.
- 10:26 a.m. Jan. 20, a citizen in the 18100 block of Van Fleet Avenue reported his credit card had been fraudulently used online to purchase items.
The purchases occurred out of state, and there is no suspect information at this time.
- 5 p.m. Jan. 22, a female juvenile was bitten in the back by a neighbors dog in the 39300 block of Idleman Street.
The matter was forwarded to the Sandy code enforcement officer for further investigation.
- 2:58 p.m. Jan. 20, it was found that between Jan. 15 and 20, an unknown suspect applied graffiti to the play structure in Timberline Park on Wall Street. Cleanup was estimated at $20.
- 2:07 p.m. Jan. 20, it was found that between Jan. 1 and 20 an unknown suspect dumped several 5 gallon buckets into Tickle Creek on Dubarko Road near Tickle Creek Avenue. It appeared the containers were used for oil but were empty at the scene.
- 10:24 a.m. Jan. 23, a local man was banned from a business in the 38200 block of Pioneer Boulevard at the request of the business owner. The man was told he would be arrested if he returned.
- 4:28 p.m. Jan. 25, a man in Meinig Park admitted to possessing a small amount of marijuana. A Sandy police officer seized the marijuana and gave the subject a warning.Add a comment