Information for the public safety column comes from public records of the Sandy Police Department. Police recently filed reports on the following incidents:
* 1:04 a.m. Nov. 10, a vehicle was stopped for speeding near Highway 26 and Tupper Road. The car, in which there were open containers of alcohol, was found to not have insurance. A rear seat passenger was not wearing a seatbelt.
During an inventory search, a third person was found in possession of a small quantity of hashish. Jennifer L. Dean, 37, of Portland was arrested on charges of possession of hashish and will be referred to the district attorney. Nikolay Cherchenko, 27, of Portland was cited for failure to use a seatbelt. Anatoliy Nesukh, 29, of Portland was cited for speeding, driving uninsured and open container of alcohol.
* 11:24 a.m. Nov. 12, Bryan A. Richards, 18, a Sandy-area transient, was arrested for theft. Richards allegedly entered a store in the 37600 block of Highway 26 and stole several packs of beer and energy drinks. He was transported to Clackamas County Jail and lodged on $7,000 bail.
* 5:49 p.m. Nov. 13, a suspicious vehicle was reportedly parked at a business in the 16600 block of 362nd Drive. The driver, Leighton D. Shanafelt, 22, of Prineville, held up the license plates when a Sandy officer approached him.
The vehicle was found to be stolen. Shanafelt was arrested for unlawful use of a motor vehicle and lodged at Clackamas County Jail on $15,000 bail.
* 8:49 p.m. Nov. 16, Tyson Smith, 23, of Oregon City was stopped for speeding. During the stop, a small quantity of marijuana was found. It was also discovered that Smith had not obtained an Oregon drivers license after relocating from out of state several months ago.
Smith was cited into Sandy Municipal Court for exceeding the speed limit, failure to change information on his Oregon drivers license and possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana.
* 1:21 p.m. Nov. 14, a theft was reported from a business in the 16600 block of 362nd Drive. Michelle R. Marsh, 36, of Troutdale was charged with second-degree theft, and her case was referred to the Clackamas County district attorneys office for prosecution.
* 5:15 p.m. Nov. 11, a woman reported a non-injury traffic crash in the parking lot of a store in the 16600 block of 362nd Drive. The caller reported she was in the pharmacy drive-through when another driver rear-ended her vehicle. No citations were issued.
* 11:59 a.m. Nov. 13, a woman reported a hit and run to her vehicle while parked at a business in the 37000 block of Highway 26.
An unknown person struck the vehicle and left the scene without leaving information.
* 8:27 a.m. Nov. 15, a hit and run occurred in the 39500 block of McCormick Drive in Sandy. The resident reported that on Nov. 11, he saw something under his vehicle but did not realize until Nov. 15 that his vehicle had been hit.
He identified a potential suspect vehicle nearby. After an investigation, it was determined that there was no evidence to support the claims.
Add a comment