Featured Stories


Officials rule Tualatin fire likely caused by burning candle

No one was injured in a small fire Sunday evening in a Tualatin home.

Fire crews with Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue were called to a home in the 5100 block of Greenwood Circle at about 6 p.m. on Sunday after a fire broke out in one of the house's bedrooms. by: TVF&R - A small fire broke out in a Tualatin home on Sunday after a candle was left unattended in a bedroom, TVF&R said.

After noticing the fire, the homeowner reportedly tried to put it with a fire extinguisher, but was unable to subdue the flames, fire officials said.

No one was hurt, and the residents had safely escaped the house, though the homeowner had encountered some smoke while attempting to put out the fire.

Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire. Most of the fire's damage was located inside the bedroom, fire officials said.

According to fire investigators, the fire started from an unattended candle burning in the bedroom.

Fire district officials warn that candles should be kept a safe distance away from any flammable materials, including curtains, drapes and clothing, and should never be left unattended.




Local Weather

Fog

42°F

Tigard

Fog

Humidity: 100%

Wind: 0 mph

  • 26 Dec 2014

    Cloudy 47°F 40°F

  • 27 Dec 2014

    Rain 46°F 40°F