Failed loading XML file.
StartTag: invalid element name
Extra content at the end of the document



DriverA 19-year-old Portland man accused of shooting a man in a Tigard apartment complex has been arraigned on attempted murder


Dwayne Rayshon Driver was arraigned in Washington County Circuit Court on Tuesday after police say he broke into an apartment and shot a man after they argued about money.

Driver is suspected of shooting 27-year-old Clerence Harris in the neck on May 13 at The Birches Apartments, 11485 S.W. Greenburg Road.

Driver faces charges of attempted murder, first-degree assault, first-degree burglary and two counts of unlawful use of a weapon.

Police were called to the apartment at about 1:10 a.m., after a woman said her friend had been shot.

When police arrived, they found Harris dressed only in his boxers, with a blood-soaked towel to his neck, according to an affidavit filed in Washington County Circuit Court on May 25.

Harris was taken to Oregon Health & Science University hospital for treatment.

Harris lives in the apartment with the woman on occasion, court documents stated.

Jim Wolf, a spokesman for the Tigard Police Department, said the motive for the shooting was unclear, but Harris and Driver knew each other before the incident.

Driver was at the home a few days before the shooting at a party Harris threw, according to the affidavit.

Driver and a few others were kicked out of the party after an altercation broke out between Harris and Driver, police said.

The day before the shooting, Driver and Harris argued via text message about money.

At about 1 a.m. on May 13, the woman heard footsteps coming from her kitchen and saw the shooter with a bandana over his face. He allegedly pointed a gun at the woman before Harris intervened, arguing with the man in the kitchen where he was shot.

The bullet entered Harris’ neck and traveled down his right side. It shattered his ribs before lodging itself between a rib and his right scapula.

The shooter fled the apartment through a back door and disappeared. A K-9 unit searched the area but was unable to locate the suspect.

Driver was arrested without incident at his job with a telemarketing firm in Portland.

Harris and the woman reportedly both identified Driver as the shooter.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine