Tigard/Tualatin Police Log: Feb. 21-27
The Tigard Police Department reported the following arrests from Feb. 21 to Feb. 27: assault — 4, disorderly conduct — 1, drug offense — 1, forgery — 1, theft — 6, warrant — 1.
Monday, Feb. 27
• A fight broke out between a man and a woman in the 11900 block of Lincoln Avenue.
• Someone was reportedly knocked out during a fight involving four or more people in the 11500 block of Pacific Highway.
• Items were missing from a car after someone broke into it while it was at Mike's Automotive Repair & Service, 11465 S.W. Pacific Hwy.
• Batteries were stolen from a company vehicle at Aaron's, 11745 S.W. Pacific Hwy.
• Illegal dumping, which included someone's mail, was found in evidence in a dumpster at Madness Motorworks, 12047 S.W. Pacific Hwy.
• Five people fought in the 11400 block of Greenburg Road.
• A license plate was apparently stolen from a vehicle in the 11900 block of Ann Street.
• A man complained of neighbors racing up and down the street in the 11000 block of 95th Avenue. This has been an ongoing issue.
• A man with a shovel was "pounding things" inside the Tigard Post Office, 12210 S.W. Main St.
Sunday, Feb. 26
• A man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt "took off running" when another person pulled into the area of McDonald Street and Pacific Highway.
• A suspect was detained after a reported assault at 7-Eleven, 12045 S.W. Hall Blvd.
• A woman reported that a frequent customer threatened that he would be "waiting for" her after her shift ended at Subway, 11634 S.W. Pacific Hwy.
• A flag was reported stolen in the 13700 block of 115th Avenue.
• A woman said her ex-husband and his girlfriend were harassing her by phone and social media in the 11500 block of 88th Avenue.
• A man allegedly spit on the manager of McDonald's, 12090 S.W. Main St., during an argument.
• Two teens or young adults were seen entering a vacant apartment in the 9300 block of Maplewood Drive.
• A man in the 11300 block of Greenburg Road sent $2,000 to someone he contacted on Craigslist to rent a house, only to discover the house was not for rent.
• A woman allegedly smoked marijuana in the 11600 block of Pacific Highway.
• A man thought he heard three or four gunshots in the 13900 block of Benchview Terrace.
• Someone thought they heard explosions in the 13100 block of Clearview Way.
• A resident of the 12100 block of 126th Avenue complained that a neighbor's car had been backfiring for the past four days.
Saturday, Feb. 25
• Someone pounded on the front door of a residence in the 7500 block of Bonita Road and said he was calling police. The incident turned out to stem from the resident blocking a car because another vehicle had parked in her assigned spot.
• A man with a blanket wrapped around him walked up to a car in the parking lot of Tigard High School, 9000 S.W. Durham Road.
• A woman said her ex-boyfriend was pounding on her door in the 15100 block of Royalty Parkway.
• A woman reported repeated calls from somebody talking about their computer in the 15600 block of Summerfield Lane.
• The locks of a cargo trailer were cut and the door jimmied in the 15000 block of Royalty Parkway.
• Someone stole a bag from a car and then later left it a block away in the 7900 block of Carol Ann Court.
• A man who appeared to be very drunk tried to get a free item into his car at Union Gospel Mission, 11611 S.W. Pacific Hwy.
• A woman reported that someone blocked her in with a car and yelled at her in the area of Walnut Street and Tiedeman Avenue.
• The window of a vehicle was reported to have been smashed in the 9700 block of Washington Square Road.
• A man said he heard six or seven gunshots in the 10700 block of Black Diamond Way.
• A man said he heard about five gunshots coming from the area of Morning Hill Drive and Katherine Street.
Friday, Feb. 24
• A vehicle theft was reported outside Clear Choice Windows and Doors, 16285 S.W. 85th Ave.
• A woman was "screaming at the top of her lungs" in the 12400 block of Main Street while pushing a red shopping cart.
• A woman said people kept looking in her apartment windows in the 12200 block of Hall Boulevard. This has been an ongoing issue.
• A man allegedly shoved a woman in the parking lot of Office Depot, 14800 S.W. Sequoia Pkwy.
• Two men allegedly refused to leave after being told to get off the property of McDonald's, 12090 S.W. Main St., because they were drinking.
• A private parking lot in the 10900 block of 68th Parkway, normally empty, was filled with "unwanted cars and people" due to a retirement party apparently being held at the location without the property-owner's consent.
• A woman allegedly dropped her pants and urinated on the sidewalk in the 13500 block of Hall Boulevard. She was reported to be "yelling" and "cussing."
• A woman who may have been intoxicated allegedly screamed, yelled at people and took off her belt in the lobby of the Tigard Public Library, 13500 S.W. Hall Blvd.
• A man was suspected of defecating on the sidewalk on the corner of Hall Boulevard and McDonald Street.
• Someone reported that another motorist threw a drink that hit the side of her vehicle outside The Cheesecake Factory, 9309 S.W. Washington Square Road.
• A woman said a man claiming to be from the Internal Revenue Service called her in the 13000 block of Ash Avenue and threatened to place a warrant for her arrest due to an "issue" with her taxes if she did not pay off the amount due.
• Someone reported being harassed over social media and text message by the mother of his child's ex-boyfriend in the 11500 block of Beef Bend Road.
• A man heard what he thought were gunshots in the 12700 block of Bell Court.
• Someone reported glue was put in the lock of his car in the 9900 block of McKenzie Street.
• Someone thought she heard gunshots in the area of Walnut and Gaarde streets.
• A customer at Dead Gods Tattoo, 11509 S.W. Pacific Hwy., reported having their car broken into.
Thursday, Feb. 23
• A woman walking on Haines Street near Interstate 5 reported being "harassed" by a driver who told her she "needed to get off the road" and honked at her while passing. She could not "get off the road," she explained, because there was a ditch alongside the road where she was walking.
• A backpack was taken at Tigard High School, 9000 S.W. Durham Road.
• A man said another motorist "trapped" his vehicle in the parking lot of PacTrust Business Center, 16165 S.W. 72nd Ave., and was knocking on his window "trying to start a fight" after he accidentally cut the other man off while driving.
• A break-in was reported at Extended Stay America, 13009 S.W. 68th Pkwy.
• Someone said he recorded a road rage incident in which two men jumped out of a pickup truck and approached his door, acting "very aggressive" toward him, in the 12300 block of Katherine Street.
• Three people reportedly loitered outside Tigard Pizza Kitchen, 11945 S.W. Pacific Hwy., smoking marijuana.
• A man in the 7500 block of Onnaf Court said he kept finding screws in his tires. He suspects his neighbors, who may have been displeased by the fact that he kept parking on 76th Court due to limited parking in the neighborhood.
• A woman thought she heard 15 gunshots in the area of Gaarde Street and 121st Avenue.
• Customers at WinCo, 7501 S.W. Dartmouth St., complained of two people "doing something" in a vehicle outside.
• A woman believed someone was in her backyard after hearing noises outside her house in the 12100 block of Marion Street.
• A customer argued with a manager and bartender at Lu's Sports Bar & Lounge, 11530 S.W. Pacific Hwy., after being cut off.
• An off-duty West Linn police officer reported seeing a possible drunken driver weaving between lanes on Highway 217 near Pacific Highway.
Wednesday, Feb. 22
• A man yelled at cars in the area of 109th Avenue and Murdock Street.
• A man reportedly spent an hour in a restroom at Rite Aid, 12080 S.W. Main St.
• A man was seen urinating on a dumpster at Tigard Plaza, 11945 S.W. Pacific Hwy.
• Upon investigating the contents of a bag left at the Oregon Department of Human Services, 10777 S.W. Cascade Ave., overnight, an employee reported finding what appeared to be drug paraphenalia.
• A man was seen walking around the parking lot of Bannings Restaurant & Pie House, 11477 S.W. Pacific Hwy., looking into cars.
• Someone reported seeing a man on a bicycle fighting with another man in a vehicle in the 7700 block of Bonita Road.
• A man smoked outside the entrance to McDonald's, 12090 S.W. Main St., and asked people for money. An employee described his behavior as "rude."
• A man sat with an alcohol container at the corner of Spruce Street and 72nd Avenue.
• A bicycle was stolen at the Tigard Public Library, 13500 S.W. Hall Blvd.
• Someone apparently posing as a person with an account at Sherwin Williams, 13500 S.W. Pacific Hwy., came in and fraudulently purchased supplies.
• A vehicle was broken into outside PetSmart, 7501 S.W. Dartmouth St.
• The window of a vehicle was smashed and a computer was stolen from inside near the entrance to the Portland Seafood Company, 9585 S.W. Washington Square Road.
• TriMet reported that a bus driver was punched in the face in the area of Pacific Highway and Hall Boulevard.
Tuesday, Feb. 21
• Two people camped in a home in the 13700 block of 172nd Avenue and refused to leave when confronted by the property manager.
• Someone allegedly stole a stereo system and broke someone's phone in the 12400 block of 134th Avenue.
• Someone reported seeing a man and a woman in the area of Spruce Street and 74th Avenue who looked like the suspects in a break-in into his friend's motorhome.
• Someone was detained after allegedly making threats during a theft reported at PacSun, 9585 S.W. Washington Square Road.
• Two people thought they heard gunshots in the 11500 block of Cole Lane.
• A "mentally unstable" woman reportedly kicked someone's fence in the 9600 block of McKenzie Street.
• A woman said her ex-boyfriend was stalking her in the 8900 block of Commercial Street.
The Tualatin Police Department reported the following from Feb. 21 to Feb. 27: 566 calls for service, 14 traffic crashes and 13 arrests.
Monday, Feb. 27
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from an unattended vehicle at Cal Weld, 19011 S.W. 119th Ave.
• A garage door at International Line Builders, 19020 S.W. Cipole Road, was damaged and the business was burglarized, with an item worth $400 reported stolen.
Sunday, Feb. 26
• A Newberg man and a Tualatin woman were arrested on felony warrants in the 17900 block of McEwan Road.
Saturday, Feb. 25
• A Tigard man was arrested for unlawful use of a weapon and drunken driving after a traffic stop in the 19200 block of Martinazzi Avenue.
• A Gresham woman was arrested for theft and unlawful entry of a motor vehicle after she allegedly stole $20 in items from New Seasons Market, 7703 S.W. Nyberg St.
• A Tualatin man was arrested on an outstanding warrant in the 17100 block of Arkenstone Drive.
• A man in the 22500 block of 96th Drive reported finding a message on his computer saying he needed to pay $399 to fix it.
• A Tualatin woman was arrested for drunken driving after crashing her vehicle in the 17900 block of McEwan Road.
• A homeless man was arrested for theft, methamphetamine possession and an outstanding felony warrant after allegedly shoplifting items from Cabela's, 7555 S.W. Nyberg St.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from a parking lot in the 18700 block of Boones Ferry Road.
• A homeless woman was arrested for theft after reportedly trying to steal $78 in items from HomeGoods, 7701 S.W. Nyberg St.
Friday, Feb. 24
• A PlayStation was reported stolen from a home in the 19600 block of 68th Avenue.
• Six outdoor propane heaters were stolen from the patio of Industry Restaurant, 20185 S.W. 112th Ave.
• Someone reported finding a man in his vehicle in the 19200 block of Martinazzi Avenue.
• An Aloha man was arrested for a felony parole violation after a traffic stop on Lower Boones Ferry Road at Interstate 5.
Wednesday, Feb. 22
• A Tualatin man was arrested on an outstanding felony warrant in the 9700 block of Tualatin Road.
• A person in Tualatin High School, 22300 S.W. Boones Ferry Road, without permission was removed from the premises and told not to come back.
• A Sherwood man was arrested for the theft of a vehicle, interfering with a police officer and a probation violation in the 11900 block of Tualatin Road after he reportedly tried to flee police on foot when found to be inside a stolen vehicle.
Tuesday, Feb. 21
• Someone stole a utility trailer from Gallops Saddlery, 17937 S.W. McEwan Road.
• A bicycle was stolen from a secured bike storage area in the 18000 block of Lower Boones Ferry Road.
• A burglary was reported in the 19200 block of 65th Avenue.
• Someone broke the window of a vehicle and stole an Apple iPod in the 8300 block of Mohawk Street.