Mylar balloon causes fire at WL home
Damage estimate was $15,000
A fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damage to a back porch in West Linn Monday, according to Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue.
The fire, which took place just after noon Monday near the 22000 block of Viewpoint Road, was caused by an unusual object: a mylar balloon.
"Mylar balloons rose up to some power lines and got tangled, which caused it to direct a short to the ground," TVFR spokesperson Cassandra Ulven said. "And that scorched the power pole, ignited some schrubs and moderately damaged the deck and patio furniture."
The fire was quickly extinguished, according to Ulven, and firefighters prevented it from spreading into a condominium.
No one was injured. The condominium occupant was home and reported losing power just prior to the fire.
More infomation to come.JW_DISQUS_ADD_A_COMMENT