Design & Development: Morris Marks House
Relocation: Morris Marks House
2177 S.W. Broadway Dr.
Area: Marquam Gulch
Property owner: Portland Parks and Rec
Relocator: Oxbo Mega Transport Solutions
The 1886 single family home is 2,664 square feet. Last September, the Morris Marks House was moved in two pieces from its former location at 1134 S.W. 12th Ave. through Portland State University's campus to its new home. Steven Blindheim and his family owned the house and its
old site, and sold the house to Karen
Karlsson for $1 — it was Karlsson who came up with the plan for the move.
Arciform was responsible for dis- and
re-assembling the house during its
move., and will restore it.
The triangular corner lot was assessed for $210,000 in 2017. Before the historic house's relocation, it was a blank site.