No injuries and no evacuation were reported at the medical center on Barnes Road.

Firefighters responded Wednesday to a fire in an elevator shaft at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center. Patient care at the hospital was not affected and the building was not evacuated.

The call came in around 10:26 a.m. Wednesday, June 27. Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue officials confirmed the smoke was coming from an elevator shaft. Crews put out the fire and ventilated the space.

Some patients were transferred to rooms that were further away from the fire to reduce the chances of smoke inhalation.

Investigators said the fire was related to work that an elevator subcontractor had been performing. No injuries were reported. Estimated damages are not yet available.

TVF&R was assisted on scene by Portland Fire & Rescue and Beaverton Police.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine